What's new

What would you like to see different for the iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not be getting an iPhone 5. I see it as a waste of money. All apple did was catch up. Nothing innovative. The screen is just longer, the phone is a little thinner, it's a little faster, and it has LTE. Not worth it IMO. I'll be swapping my 4 for a new 4s and keeping that for a while. Maybe the 5s will be more worth it.

If you are on a 4, why would you bother upgrading to the 4S then? The performance difference isn't worth the upgrade. Especially if you don't think that going from a 4 to the 5 (which is 4 time faster) is worth doing.

And you won't like the 4S based on what you just wrote. The 4S' battery life is a LOT less than the 4. Which means you will make a minimal jump and lose battery life in the process. Seriously, if you are going to do that you might as well jump to the 5 and get 4 times the power with the same battery life as the 4S.

If you are on a 4, why would you bother upgrading to the 4S then? The performance difference isn't worth the upgrade. Especially if you don't think that going from a 4 to the 5 (which is 4 time faster) is worth doing.

And you won't like the 4S based on what you just wrote. The 4S' battery life is a LOT less than the 4. Which means you will make a minimal jump and lose battery life in the process. Seriously, if you are going to do that you might as well jump to the 5 and get 4 times the power with the same battery life as the 4S.

Because I don't have an upgrade. The 4s is cheap now. I can justify spending $150 on a new 4s but not retail for a 5. The 4s is a little faster then the 4 and I want a new phone. I don't have hundreds of dollars to waste on something that is hardly an improvement of the 4s. It's my opinion and choice. And I really don't care about battery life. I like the size of the 4/4s. And I don't need LTE.

Last edited:
Even if I did have an upgrade I still wouldn't get the 5. I'm not a sheep that forks out hundreds of dollars to get a new iPhone that is hardly better than the previous one.

You do realize there is a huge flaw in your logic? You can't know if you are a sheep because you aren't in the position to be a sheep.

Which is why your statement was the answer I was looking for. It was factual and removed all doubt from the situation. Don't take that as a slam. It simply is the truth you are dealing with at this present time in regards to yourself. Nothing wrong with that what-so-ever.

You do realize there is a huge flaw in your logic? You can't know if you are a sheep because you aren't in the position to be a sheep.

Which is why your statement was the answer I was looking for. It was factual and removed all doubt from the situation. Don't take that as a slam. It simply is the truth you are dealing with at this present time in regards to yourself. Nothing wrong with that what-so-ever.

There is no flaw in my logic. People that line up and spend hundreds of dollars on something only slightly better are sheep.

I retracted my statement and said even if I had an upgrade I wouldn't buy the 5. Nice try though.

I wish I could be a sheep. Unfortunately, I'm still locked into my contract for 6 months or so. I won't get a 5 while they're fashionable.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

My contract is up next month I don't think I'll bother with the 5 either might just try something different . The more I read the less I want another Iphone looks like a samsung s3 . It looks like they dropped the ball with this one .

Last edited:
Different more concise contact list, instead of the one that looks almost like my 'puter list. ^^ I don't think that it looks at all like the S3 which is considerably larger. A daughter and son have the S3, while other kids of mine have iPhones.

Maybe they could copy the PSVita and add a touch panel on the back. That would be really awesome and nobody would see it coming.

TheVortex1337 said:
Maybe they could copy the PSVita and add a touch panel on the back. That would be really awesome and nobody would see it coming.

If there is any company that manages to be more proprietary than Apple it is definitely Sony. Not to say they are bad, but come on - memory stick? Love my ps3 though.

Most important to me is TRUE push email for Gmail/Google Apps email. Not something you have to use Exchange for either and not just push notifications, but TRUE PUSH EMAIL just like Android and Blackberry has.

How Apple doesn't have this to this day still amazes me.

Most important to me is TRUE push email for Gmail/Google Apps email. Not something you have to use Exchange for either and not just push notifications, but TRUE PUSH EMAIL just like Android and Blackberry has.

How Apple doesn't have this to this day still amazes me.

Would you be so kind and explain the technical specification difference between the gmail app on Android and the mail app under iOS using the exchange setup for gmail. Because your statement implies that one is "true push" and the other isn't. And after three years on Android as well as 21 months on iOS , btw a developer for both, I have yet to see how there can be a difference when both keep an open port to a server to receive messages.

Thank you for your time.

Would you be so kind and explain the technical specification difference between the gmail app on Android and the mail app under iOS using the exchange setup for gmail. Because your statement implies that one is "true push" and the other isn't. And after three years on Android as well as 21 months on iOS , btw a developer for both, I have yet to see how there can be a difference when both keep an open port to a server to receive messages.

Thank you for your time.

My nexus 7 and RAZR Max HD both get emails about 5 secs before my iPhone 4??I still want the i5

My nexus 7 and RAZR Max HD both get emails about 5 secs before my iPhone 4??I still want the i5

And what does that have to do with "push technology"? That is simply Google prioritizing their core network over their translated network. If Google wanted they could send the push packet at the same. In fact you should ask them why there is a delay. Would be interesting to read their reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.