What's new

Welcome to the iPhone Forum! Please post an introduction thread.

marthapilar

New Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello I am Martha a new iPhone 4 user, my question is can someone tell me what eats up the data?? I am on a plan and have 1 gb of data but I am always going over? I though 1 gb is a lot of data I appreciate an answer
Thank you
Marthapilar
 

kingnba6

Active Member
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
963
Reaction score
21
Location
Queens, NY
Hello I am Martha a new iPhone 4 user, my question is can someone tell me what eats up the data?? I am on a plan and have 1 gb of data but I am always going over? I though 1 gb is a lot of data I appreciate an answer
Thank you
Marthapilar

hmmm what types of apps are you using ? a lot of browsing; youtube/video; GPS ? or maybe streaming music. those are the things i think will eat of data like nothing.
 

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
11,966
Reaction score
617
Location
United Kingdom
a lot of things can use up data such as when you retrieve e-mail every x amount of time or any app(s) you may have that depend on an internet connection that really uses up the data. Do you watch youtube videos or anything like that? because youtube videos really chew up the data

Tell me what kind of things you like to do? how often do you use the phone? 1GB really is not much at all
 

dragon

New Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi guys... i have a iphone4,itouch4 and ipad1... hope to learn more about these gadgets from you guys... thanks!
 

Bigdave

New Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2011
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington, UK
Hi guys... i have a iphone4,itouch4 and ipad1... hope to learn more about these gadgets from you guys... thanks!

well if you have any questions feel free to ask and we'll see what we can do.. i may not be an outstanding member of iphone forums but i like to think i know what im talking about lol
 

marthapilar

New Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Unleashed said:
a lot of things can use up data such as when you retrieve e-mail every x amount of time or any app(s) you may have that depend on an internet connection that really uses up the data. Do you watch youtube videos or anything like that? because youtube videos really chew up the data

Tell me what kind of things you like to do? how often do you use the phone? 1GB really is not much at all

Well I am in love with Tommy cat2 app as well loooooove angry birds, I do a lot of texting and not that much browsing, I don't watch movies on iPhone, until I discover other kool things to do or play with iPhone that's really all, oh yeah and I do send and receive lot of emails
 

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
11,966
Reaction score
617
Location
United Kingdom
Unleashed said:
a lot of things can use up data such as when you retrieve e-mail every x amount of time or any app(s) you may have that depend on an internet connection that really uses up the data. Do you watch youtube videos or anything like that? because youtube videos really chew up the data

Tell me what kind of things you like to do? how often do you use the phone? 1GB really is not much at all

Well I am in love with Tommy cat2 app as well loooooove angry birds, I do a lot of texting and not that much browsing, I don't watch movies on iPhone, until I discover other kool things to do or play with iPhone that's really all, oh yeah and I do send and receive lot of emails

Angry birds is ok, it just drains the battery playing games..

How may hours are you on angry birds? I love the game as well but i bought it for my macbook pro as its easier to play but I have a copy on my iphone as well.

emails when they are fetched more often that uses up data a lot over a period of time.. texting uses up nothing as I am sure I dont have to tell you.

I only have 500mb of data usage and it runs out so quickly that I end up having to turn the data off otherwise I get huge charges for data that gets used up with apps such as email or other ones you have downloaded from the app store that rely on using the net and they chew up the data with out you even realising it.
 

madreliz

New Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hey, fellow iPhoners. I love forums when people participate. I got to this one through my iPad forum app. I'm looking for a more colorful calendar app for my iPhone 3GS but even with search I didn't see much discussion.
 

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
409
Location
On a Lake in Alabama
madreliz said:
Hey, fellow iPhoners. I love forums when people participate. I got to this one through my iPad forum app. I'm looking for a more colorful calendar app for my iPhone 3GS but even with search I didn't see much discussion.

Welcome to the forum! I use miCal. It's very useful and has color options. Check it out in the AppStore!

Hope this helps
 

GUCCISMAMI

New Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Eastcoast
Hi, I'm new to the forum and ran across it when I was googling. Currently I have a 3GS (until the 5 is released) :) I'm always looking for new apps & info for/about my I, so this site will definitely come in handy I'm sure.
 

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
409
Location
On a Lake in Alabama
GUCCISMAMI said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and ran across it when I was googling. Currently I have a 3GS (until the 5 is released) :) I'm always looking for new apps & info for/about my I, so this site will definitely come in handy I'm sure.

Hello and welcome! Please enjoy our forums! :D!!!
 

PatriciaF

New Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Hello, I have the iphone4 and the iPad2. I been having problems with the iphone, it's slow staring up and I closed all my apps and it is still slow starting. But I love the dang thing! I carry it all over lol..
 

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
409
Location
On a Lake in Alabama
PatriciaF said:
Hello, I have the iphone4 and the iPad2. I been having problems with the iphone, it's slow staring up and I closed all my apps and it is still slow starting. But I love the dang thing! I carry it all over lol..

Hello and welcome to the forums! Have you tried a hard reset?
 

Most reactions

Top