What's new

Introduction - need help

DollyB1603

Reaction score
Hi All

As suggested I am introducing myself as I've just signed on to this forum site. I've got a few problems with my iPhone and I hope I'll find help to solve them here.

I can't get email on my phone - it keeps saying the password is incorrect, but it's the one I've always used.

All the music I had on my phone disappeared. When I try and sync my phone to iTunes (preselected artists on the list) it says it can't because there's not enough memory. The status bar at the bottom says all selections add up to over 3000 songs. I've chosen 132 artists on the list of a few hundred more, but still (even though it depends on the artist and how many albums), I don't think that can amount to over 3000.

Sometimes when a contact texts or rings their number comes up instead of their contact name and I look to find that their contact file is no longer there and I have to create a new one. I also get texts from an email address rather than a phone number.

There are photos that have appeared in "All Photos" that are not mine. A friend said they could be generic ones that came with the phone, but they weren't there before, I only discovered them a few weeks ago. When I try and select them to delete them it won't let me.

Please let me know if I should post in separate threads for each of these problems.

Thanks!

Welcome to iPhoneForums, DollyB1603!

Problems with email accounts can be solved in most cases by removing the account and setting it up again.
If this doesn't help: do you use two step verification? You'd need an app specific password then.

Did you purchase your iPhone as new? Some of the problems you're describing can also happen, if it's still connected to the previous owner's iCloud ID. As far as I know there are no generic photos that come with the iPhone and appear in the Photos app, and contacts shouldn't delete by themselves.

Which software is installed on your device? When you go to Settings a iCloud, do you find someone else's ID there?

Hi JA

Thanks - I'll see if my in-house-IT-man (aka husband) can delete the email account and start again.

My phone was purchased new by my husband, then handed down to me after contract renewal and upgrade. My name is clearly there when I go into iCloud from settings but beyond that I'm afraid I have no idea about iCloud settings, or ID,. My iPad keeps telling me it hasn't been backed up to the iCloud, but I just cancel it. The whole idea (forgive my backwardness) seems too virtual and too risky, to entrust your "life" to unknown people and some massive hard drives in building(s) who knows where, out of one's control.

Under iCloud settings everything is "off", including iCloud drive, photos, mail, etc. The only thing on is "Find My Phone". At the every bottom in red it says "sign out" so I must be somehow already signed in?

There are 5 photos that aren't mine and they are repeated 5 times in the same sequence. Organisation of the photos changed with the last iOS upgrade, I think so they're in date order. These photos are dated 24 February 2006. I can select them, but I can't tap the trash bin to delete them. There are also other photos of us and family, although I'm not sure how they got there either, but I'm glad they are as we lost a lot due to a crash a couple of years back.

The software is iOS 8.3 and it says it's up to date.

Well in your case, the images don't sync from another account. You're clearly logged in to iCloud with your own account.

These photos could have been synced to your iPhone when you connected it to the computer. That would also be the reason why you can't remove them. If the images are still on your computer, follow these instrcutions:
Sync photos to your iPhone iPad and iPod touch in iTunes - Apple Support

If they're not there on your computer any more, try this:
Delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can t access the originals - Apple Support

You don't have to backup to iCloud, it's also possible to backup to iTunes.
How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support
See "Making a backup using iTunes"