What's new

Wait to upgrade to IOS5 or not

carbrad

Reaction score
Very happy with my I4 at 4.2.8 Jailbroken. Thinking about upgrading to 5.0 but so many in this forum seem unhappy with 5.0. Should I wait until things smooth out? who is unhappy with the new 5.0 and wish they had their jailbroken I4 back again?

if you have jailbroken your phone and actually use a lot of cydia apps then dont do it. you should at least wait until the untethered jailbreak so you dont gotta worry about your phone dying and then not being able to do anything with it

Im good with iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone. The untethered jailbreak is running awesome. I sometimes forget its jailbroken because its so seamless.

Del said:
Im good with iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone. The untethered jailbreak is running awesome. I sometimes forget its jailbroken because its so seamless.

Plz I am kinda having same issue. I have an i4 jailbroken and factory unlock and enjoying it. I want to know the importance of upgrading to iOS5 plz pardon coz I'm a novice just trying if I sound stupid. Thanks.

alwaysonfb said:
Plz I am kinda having same issue. I have an i4 jailbroken and factory unlock and enjoying it. I want to know the importance of upgrading to iOS5 plz pardon coz I'm a novice just trying if I sound stupid. Thanks.

Icloud,imessage, great notification center off the top of my head.

iMarilina said:
Icloud,imessage, great notification center off the top of my head.

Hmmm from what I have been seeing nothing is special about icloud and also Imessage is cool If u have friends who have iPhone which I gat none at the moment. For notification center I have to see it first. But I have cool tweaks from cydia like notify and hmmm lockinfo which are cool. What do u think?

alwaysonfb said:
Hmmm from what I have been seeing nothing is special about icloud and also Imessage is cool If u have friends who have iPhone which I gat none at the moment. For notification center I have to see it first. But I have cool tweaks from cydia like notify and hmmm lockinfo which are cool. What do u think?

Icloud is great. I just restored my 4s today and did a "restore from icloud" and it brought everything back AS IT WAS, all my passwords,my data for games and apps, even my SMS messages and misses calls. Best thing ever.
And the other BEST TWEAK EVER hands on for ios 5 is INTELLISCREENX.

iMarilina said:
Icloud is great. I just restored my 4s today and did a "restore from icloud" and it brought everything back AS IT WAS, all my passwords,my data for games and apps, even my SMS messages and misses calls. Best thing ever.
And the other BEST TWEAK EVER hands on for ios 5 is INTELLISCREENX.

Wow u mean u did a restore without connecting to iTunes using ur computer? That's cool I think. IOS5 gat I point then and this tweak u talk about im gonna check it out. I'm gonna do it just taking time to be sure and certain about the benefit of iOS 5. Thanks friend.

alwaysonfb said:
Wow u mean u did a restore without connecting to iTunes using ur computer? That's cool I think. IOS5 gat I point then and this tweak u talk about im gonna check it out. I'm gonna do it just taking time to be sure and certain about the benefit of iOS 5. Thanks friend.

Yes thats what I mean :) of course you need internet connection but you can do the backup and restore through icloud.

i could honestly live without ios5. i waited to upgrade to ios5 until the untethered JB was out. i have no need for the native notification center because i use lockscreen info and i still use it on ios5 and got rid (bypassed) notification center.
i message is cool if you have friends with ios5 devices. which i actually do. well the people who i talk to anyway have it. so its a plus. as for icould, well i dont use it. never was a fan of it.

upgrade to ios 5.0.1 now before they get a new version and then you wont have a jailbreak