What's new

updating ios 4.3.2/4.3.3

mehul217

Reaction score
Hello, I got factory unlocked iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.1 and i jailbreaked it and now i want to update iOS to 4.3.2/4.3.3... my question is if i update iOS my factory unlocked iPhone 4 will get locked after i jailbreak the new iOS?? plzz anyone help me and thanks :)

Is there a jailbreak for the new update iOS 4.3.3??? maybe tethered jailbreak? Well your phone should remain unlock as long as you are upgrading your iOS with itunes and then jailbreak it using redsnow if that's possible at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

factory unlocked means it will never lock up no matter what sim you use.... and there is even a jb for 4.3.3 now

yeah, just make absolutely sure you have a fact. unlocked i4.

thanks alot guys... and i have 1 more question my friend got iPhone 3g iOS 4.1 jailbroken baseband 6.15.00 and he wants to update iOS 4.2.1 and want to jailbreak + unlock so tell me what to do? plzz help :(

Since that's the iPad baseband you will need a custom ipsw to update. The safest option is to use snowbreeze for windows or pwnage tool for mac. You can also find ready made ipsw on the internet but I don't recommend you use them...

but my friend's iPhone 3g is already running on baseband 6.15.00

after i jailbreak 4.2.1 using snOwbreeze then how do i unlock iPhone 3g?

but my friend's iPhone 3g is already running on baseband 6.15.00

If you try to upgrade to stock 4.2.1 then you will get an error. As the 4.2.1 baseband is lower than that of the iPad's. You can't downgrade you baseband.

after i jailbreak 4.2.1 using snOwbreeze then how do i unlock iPhone 3g?

Install ultrasnow via cydia...

OK, i´ve just updated my black iPhone 4, iPod Touch and 1 Gen. iPad 3G, to the latest OS 4.3.3 !!! ...now what???

N00B question >>> could someone remind me the "goods & bads" of jailbreaking, please?

i was told: "free apps VS bricked phone --- personalized theme VS no more updates"

i was thinking of jailbraking my iPad, instead of my sweet & expensive iPhone because i don't have much apps on the iPhone, contrary to the iPad which i use for Games & eBooks mostly!

Last edited:
i´ve just updated my iphone 4, ipod touch and ipad 3G, to the latest OS 4.3.3 !!! now what???

NOOB aboard >>> could someone remind me the "goods & bads" of jailbreaking, please?

" free apps VS bricked phone --- personalized theme VS no more updates"

i was thinking of jail braking my iPad 3G, instead of my sweet & expensive iPhone because i don't have much apps on the iPhone, contrary to the iPad which i use for Games & eBooks mostly!

There are free apps and paid apps both in cydia and in apps store, what u are calling breaked apps must be tweaks and/or apps apple doesn't allow to have them in the apps store.
With jailbreaking u can theme your device, and upgrade your device whenever there is an iOS upgrade easily and without troubles. Personaly, i do not know any bad thing about jailbreaking, there are also many threads on the forum talking jailbreak and stuff related, just perform a search and u will find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk