What's new

iOS 4.3.3 vs iOS 4.3.2 (Jailbreak or not ) Battery life? and known bugs IOS 4.3.3?

ocihc80

Reaction score
Dear all,

Currently I have IOS 4.3.1 before I upgrade my IOS and jailbreak my i4 can you please let me kow the battery life which IOS has the BETTER life?

I heard some users that IOS 4.3.2 has better battery life compared to IOS 4.3.3 (At the same time is their any known bugs?)

Thank you very much for your advice!

ocihc80 said:
Dear all,

Currently I have IOS 4.3.1 before I upgrade my IOS and jailbreak my i4 can you please let me kow the battery life which IOS has the BETTER life?

I heard some users that IOS 4.3.2 has better battery life compared to IOS 4.3.3 (At the same time is their any known bugs?)

I would say from my own extensive use of the iOS 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 that the battery life is actually better on 4.3.2.

However saying this there are some bugs in 4.3.3 with regards to apps crashing for no reason and returning you to the homescreen, apps that normally work fine, Facebook, Instagram and so on.

As well as this there are definitely some issues with the carrier service, dropping on and off quite a lot, not something I have noticed much in any other release.

So 4.3.2 I think would be a much better option for you, as this version was actually quite stable.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

ocihc80 said:
Dear all,

I would say from my own extensive use of the iOS 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 that the battery life is actually better on 4.3.2.

However saying this there are some bugs in 4.3.3 with regards to apps crashing for no reason and returning you to the homescreen, apps that normally work fine, Facebook, Instagram and so on.

As well as this there are definitely some issues with the carrier service, dropping on and off quite a lot, not something I have noticed much in any other release.

So 4.3.2 I think would be a much better option for you, as this version was actually quite stable.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Thank you for your reply FROST!

Anyway can you please give a link or procedure how can safely update my IOS version to 4.3.2? When I tried using itunes it automatically force me to update to IOS 4.3.3...

Lastly, please direct me also to a link how can I jailbreak IOS 4.3.2 step by step.

Appreciate youy help...

Thank you for your reply FROST!

Anyway can you please give a link or procedure how can safely update my IOS version to 4.3.2? When I tried using itunes it automatically force me to update to IOS 4.3.3...

Lastly, please direct me also to a link how can I jailbreak IOS 4.3.2 step by step.

Appreciate youy help...

I believe that iTunes will want and force u to upgrade to iOS 4.3.3 specially that you've never got that 4.3.2 and never save that 4.3.2 shsh. I don't know if there is a work around this without shsh.

Last edited:
Some people have had battery and wifi/3g issues but i have had no problems at all after jailbreaking 4.3.3

Some people have had battery and wifi/3g issues but i have had no problems at all after jailbreaking 4.3.3

Hi,

I am just wondering what did you use for jailbreaking? I read two available redsnow and snowbreeze... I am curious about the difference and which is better? Thanks!

there is also pwnage tool, i cant use sn0wbreeze as its for windows users..

but the difference is that with redsn0w you upgrade firmware via itunes then use redsn0w to jailbreak, so for people who rely on unlock are adviced to stay away from using redsn0w (available for both mac and windows)

sn0wbreeze/pwnage tool are the same one for mac and one for windows and what you do is create a custom firmware and upgrade in itunes to an already jailbroken state and you can preserve the baseband so you can keep unlocking newer firmwares..

i always use redsn0w or what ever is available to jailbreak such as greenpois0n

Now I'm super new to iPhone and jailbreak but I was running 4.3.3, upgraded before knew better, and used redsn0w and Pwange tool. Both of these I found here in the forum and so far only couple unexpected reboots/resprings after d/l apps or tweaks. I'm using windows btw and maybe I should "undo" and use sn0wbreak????

Now I'm super new to iPhone and jailbreak but I was running 4.3.3, upgraded before knew better, and used redsn0w and Pwange tool. Both of these I found here in the forum and so far only couple unexpected reboots/resprings after d/l apps or tweaks. I'm using windows btw and maybe I should "undo" and use sn0wbreak????

How could you have in anyway used pwnage tool on windows? Redsnow is the one u surely used to jailbreak your phone for sure, you do not need to undo the jailbreak again with snowbreeze unless your jailbreak is not stable.

How could you have in anyway used pwnage tool on windows? Redsnow is the one u surely used to jailbreak your phone for sure, you do not need to undo the jailbreak again with snowbreeze unless your jailbreak is not stable.[/QUOTE]

Opened the folder have saved on my desktop and it contains redsn0w and an iPhone 4.3.3 restore update file. Did research on here first and that's where got my steps. Don't think it's unstable, think more what I d/l. Thanks!

Hey I was wondering would I have any troubles jailbreaking my iPhone 4 with the version 4.3.3 with greenpoision??

there is also pwnage tool, i cant use sn0wbreeze as its for windows users..

but the difference is that with redsn0w you upgrade firmware via itunes then use redsn0w to jailbreak, so for people who rely on unlock are adviced to stay away from using redsn0w (available for both mac and windows)

sn0wbreeze/pwnage tool are the same one for mac and one for windows and what you do is create a custom firmware and upgrade in itunes to an already jailbroken state and you can preserve the baseband so you can keep unlocking newer firmwares..

i always use redsn0w or what ever is available to jailbreak such as greenpois0n

Hello,

From what I understand if my iphone4 is factory unlock (Like mine) I can use REDSNOW??? If not factory unlock then use SNOWB/PWNGE???

Lastly since my IOS V4.3.1 is there a way to upgrade to IOS4.3.2 (I wwant to try htis first) and JB using REDSNOW?

Many thanks again in advance!

Hello,

From what I understand if my iphone4 is factory unlock (Like mine) I can use REDSNOW??? If not factory unlock then use SNOWB/PWNGE???
Yes it's correct and i will add the precision that snowbreeze is for windows, and pwnage is for mac.

Lastly since my IOS V4.3.1 is there a way to upgrade to IOS4.3.2 (I wwant to try htis first) and JB using REDSNOW?

Many thanks again in advance!
The fact that you are going to use redsnow to jailbreak your iOS will require you to upgrade your iOS via iTunes first, now itunes might not allow you to upgrade to iOS 4.3.2 as it's not the latest one and the principle of itunes while upgrading your device it to load the latest iOS into it. I'm not sure if there is a work around this.
But you can download the ipsw 4.3.2 from internet and use snobreeze to cook your jailbreak ipsw and then load it to into your device, but in the proccess, you will need itunes to flash the ipsw you've coocked into your phone which again might not be feasable as itunes will still check if it's the latest version on not. I'm just not very sure about it but you can try it out and maybe snowbreeze might help fool itunes so that it can pass that checking shsh stage. But before you do all these, i will recommend you to jailbreak your actual iOS which is 4.3.1 and save shsh so that you will be able to downgrade incase the upgrade iOS are not stable on your device.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
The fact that you are going to use redsnow to jailbreak your iOS will require you to upgrade your iOS via iTunes first, now itunes might not allow you to upgrade to iOS 4.3.2 as it's not the latest one and the principle of itunes while upgrading your device it to load the latest iOS into it. I'm not sure if there is a work around this.
But you can download the ipsw 4.3.2 from internet and use snobreeze to cook your jailbreak ipsw and then load it to into your device, but in the proccess, you will need itunes to flash the ipsw you've coocked into your phone which again might not be feasable as itunes will still check if it's the latest version on not. I'm just not very sure about it but you can try it out and maybe snowbreeze might help fool itunes so that it can pass that checking shsh stage. But before you do all these, i will recommend you to jailbreak your actual iOS which is 4.3.1 and save shsh so that you will be able to downgrade incase the upgrade iOS are not stable on your device.[/QUOTE]

I like to do first your recommendation to JB my IOS 4.3.1, but can you please show the way or give me the link how to do the SHSH thing? And the best way to JB my IOS 4.3.1 (What I am getting mostly from searches are IOS 4.3.3 JB)? Thank you again!

Last edited:
I like to do first your recommendation to JB my IOS 4.3.1, but can you please show the way or give me the link how to do the SHSH thing? And the best way to JB my IOS 4.3.1 (What I am getting mostly from searches are IOS 4.3.3 JB)? Thank you again!

Click here to download redsnow for Windows and for Mac from dev-team blog site , scroll down on that page to find the download links.
You will also need an ipsw which you can get from your computer at this location in your computer:
You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS. you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop. When you start redsnow and it arrive to step 2 browse to your desktop and find the ipsw there.

On a mac computer :
Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iTunes/iPod Firmware.

Follow redsnow instructions to jailbreak your phone, but before all make a backup of your files using iTunes.
When you finish jailbreaking, just get tinyUmbrella from internet, u can google and get it. Connect your phone to your computer and run tinyUmbrella. On the tinyUmbrella window, you will see your phone listed in the left panel, otherwise disconnect and reconnect your phone. When tinyUmbrella read your phone, there will be an option there asking you to save shsh. Just click on that option and it will save your shsh.

Last edited: