What's new

iOS 4.3.3 vs iOS 4.3.2 (Jailbreak or not ) Battery life? and known bugs IOS 4.3.3?

can we still update to 4.3.2 now?? cuz i updated to 4.3.3 n jailbreaked it but there s so many problems after jailbreaked 4.3.3. the system always crashed n got into safe mode.

can we still update to 4.3.2 now?? cuz i updated to 4.3.3 n jailbreaked it but there s so many problems after jailbreaked 4.3.3. the system always crashed n got into safe mode.

If u have save 4.3.2 shsh, yes u can downgrade.

I like to do first your recommendation to JB my IOS 4.3.1, but can you please show the way or give me the link how to do the SHSH thing? And the best way to JB my IOS 4.3.1 (What I am getting mostly from searches are IOS 4.3.3 JB)? Thank you again!

Click here to download redsnow for Windows and for Mac from dev-team blog site , scroll down on that page to find the download links.
You will also need an ipsw which you can get from your computer at this location in your computer:
You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS. you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop. When you start redsnow and it arrive to step 2 browse to your desktop and find the ipsw there.

On a mac computer :
Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iTunes/iPod Firmware.

Follow redsnow instructions to jailbreak your phone, but before all make a backup of your files using iTunes.
When you finish jailbreaking, just get tinyUmbrella from internet, u can google and get it. Connect your phone to your computer and run tinyUmbrella. On the tinyUmbrella window, you will see your phone listed in the left panel, otherwise disconnect and reconnect your phone. When tinyUmbrella read your phone, there will be an option there asking you to save shsh. Just click on that option and it will save your shsh.

Thank you BAB for your prompt and helpful reply.

I will try to JB my iphone4 tomorrow (IOS 4.3.1) using my windows vista. Quick question, since I will JB IOS 4.3.1 can I also use the latest redsnow RC16? if not, please let me know the right version.

I will try to JB my iphone4 tomorrow (IOS 4.3.1) using my windows vista. Quick question, since I will JB IOS 4.3.1 can I also use the latest redsnow RC16? if not, please let me know the right version.

Yes use the latest redsnow rc16 to jailbreak 4.3.1 and later iOS.

Yes use the latest redsnow rc16 to jailbreak 4.3.1 and later iOS.

Thanks, I forgot to ask if you can give me a reliable download link to get ios 4.3.1 firmware or is there any other way to get it? When I follow the directions to copy it, my update folder was empty (I checked view hide folder). Maybe because I did not update my IOS and get my current IOS 4.3.1 when I bought it.

Appreciate your quick reply.

Thanks, I forgot to ask if you can give me a reliable download link to get ios 4.3.1 firmware or is there any other way to get it? When I follow the directions to copy it, my update folder was empty (I checked view hide folder). Maybe because I did not update my IOS and get my current IOS 4.3.1 when I bought it.

Ok here is a direct link for 4.3.1 ipsw for iPhone4 GSM
Don't forget to get tinyUmbrella to save your 4.3.1 shsh after jailbreaking it, that's the reason why you are going to jailbreak your 4.3.1 in fact.

Last edited:

Ok here is a direct link for 4.3.1 ipsw for iPhone4 GSM
Don't forget to get tinyUmbrella to save your 4.3.1 shsh after jailbreaking it, that's the reason why you are going to jailbreak your 4.3.1 in fact.

Hello Again BAB,

I successfully JB my IOS 4.3.1, Many thanks to you!

One thing I am confused though, when I run tinyUmbrella and save my SHSH, the IOS version that was shown after it load is IOS 4.3.3, what does it mean? did I do something wrong? I double checked my IOS in my iphone4 and it is still IOS 4.3.1, can you please help with this? Thanks!

Hello Again BAB,

One thing I am confused though, when I run tinyUmbrella and save my SHSH, the IOS version that was shown after it load is IOS 4.3.3, what does it mean? did I do something wrong? I double checked my IOS in my iphone4 and it is still IOS 4.3.1, can you please help with this? Thanks!

Just make sure that you clicked "save shsh" in tinyUmbrella. It will run a process saving your iOS shsh keys. When done it will display stating that it save your shsh. Whatever iOS it's showing, don't worry for that. Now go to cydia. You should be able to see something like this in your cydia.
7b797079-6e5b-ce39.jpg

If that's not your case, give it sometime as yes tinyUmbrella need times to get some good keys to save in their server for your iOS. Mine took about a month after i saved my second iOS shsh before displaying that notification in my cydia. As for tinyUmbrella stating 4.3.3 I think it's referring to the latest iOS available at the moment and you shouldn't worry about that. One thing is sure, until you see those green shsh notifications in cydia, you will not be able to downgrade back if you upgrade right now. Like I said, tinyUmbrella need time for acquiring good keys for your iOS. But you can decide to upgrade now, if you like the upgrade you stay on it, if not, then you will wait a while 1week, 2weeks, or 4weeks for your cydia to display those shsh notifications and then you can downgrade. I don't know if some people shsh get display in cydia automatically right after saving the shsh, but that wasn't my cases everytime I save shsh I need to wait for a while about 1month before I can receive the right notification in my cydia and also in my tinyUmbrella.
If there are things unclear, just ask.

Last edited:
Hello Again BAB,

Just make sure that you clicked "save shsh" in tinyUmbrella. It will run a process saving your iOS shsh keys. When done it will display stating that it save your shsh. Whatever iOS it's showing, don't worry for that. Now go to cydia. You should be able to see something like this in your cydia.
7b797079-6e5b-ce39.jpg

If that's not your case, give it sometime as yes tinyUmbrella need times to get some good keys to save in their server for your iOS. Mine took about a month after i saved my second iOS shsh before displaying that notification in my cydia. As for tinyUmbrella stating 4.3.3 I think it's referring to the latest iOS available at the moment and you shouldn't worry about that. One thing is sure, until you see those green shsh notifications in cydia, you will not be able to downgrade back if you upgrade right now. Like I said, tinyUmbrella need time for acquiring good keys for your iOS. But you can decide to upgrade now, if you like the upgrade you stay on it, if not, then you will wait a while 1week, 2weeks, or 4weeks for your cydia to display those shsh notifications and then you can downgrade. I don't know if some people shsh get display in cydia automatically right after saving the shsh, but that wasn't my cases everytime I save shsh I need to wait for a while about 1month before I can receive the right notification in my cydia and also in my tinyUmbrella.
If there are things unclear, just ask.

Ok, I hit the "save SHSH" and the confirmation I got is something like IOS 4.3.3 SHSH save... Anyway if this will take time to show, I will wait... My CYDIA is still showing SHSH:IOS 4.3.3, I just hope this is normal... Do I need to redo my tinyUmbrella? Or just wait like what you said without doing anything?

Last edited:
Ok, I hit the "save SHSH" and the confirmation I got is something like IOS 4.3.3 SHSH save... Anyway if this will take time to show, I will wait... My CYDIA is still showing SHSH:IOS 4.3.3, I just hope this is normal... Do I need to redo my tinyUmbrella? Or just wait what you said?

Saving the shsh again won't help. Can you show a screenshot of your cydia with the shsh information? I want to see what it display there.

Ok, I hit the "save SHSH" and the confirmation I got is something like IOS 4.3.3 SHSH save... Anyway if this will take time to show, I will wait... My CYDIA is still showing SHSH:IOS 4.3.3, I just hope this is normal... Do I need to redo my tinyUmbrella? Or just wait what you said?

Saving the shsh again won't help. Can you show a screenshot of your cydia with the shsh information? I want to see what it display there.

Sorry for being a NOOB but I do not know how to save screenshot with my iphone4... But I confirmed to you that it is similar to the screenshot you made but it only show "SHSH:IOS 4.3.3"... and nothing else.

Sorry for being a NOOB but I do not know how to save screenshot with my iphone4... But I confirmed to you that it is similar to the screenshot you made but it only show "SHSH:IOS 4.3.3"... and nothing else.

??? Ok giving some days see if it will change and display the right iOS version. Hoo and I hope that you've used the version 4.30.05 of tinyUmbrella right?

Last edited:

??? Ok giving some days see if it will change and display the right iOS version. Hoo and I hope that you've used the latest version of tinyUmbrella right?

About the screenshot before I was an android user and we have an app to make screenshot, do we have it also here? Anyway thanks for your help, I am grateful for your quick helpful replies. I am looking for a thanks button but did not find it...
icon7.gif

NOTE:
TinyUmbrella version I used was 4.33.02, I hope that is the updated one. This version is what I got from the creator's website...

Last edited: