What's new

The OFFICIAL Jailbreak Updates Thread

i can put any sim in and it works? im confused now

No not until an unlock is done. If i'm not mistaken you can jail break the phone no problem with this jail break however, you will only be able to make and recieve phone calls if you have the carrier your iphone came with. So if say your with ATT and you jail break you'll still be able to use the phone however, if your with T mobile and you jail break tomorrow you won't be able to make or recieve phone calls..

At least that's what i am understanding i could be wrong about this though.

i can put any sim in and it works? im confused now

No not until an unlock is done. If i'm not mistaken you can jail break the phone no problem with this jail break however, you will only be able to make and recieve phone calls if you have the carrier your iphone came with. So if say your with ATT and you jail break you'll still be able to use the phone however, if your with T mobile and you jail break tomorrow you won't be able to make or recieve phone calls..

At least that's what i am understanding i could be wrong about this though.

That is correct....

Hey everyone had to join because i am totally confused ! I am with Vodafone on my iphone 4 and bought it from there store..my baseband is 02.10.04..So does that make it cool for me to jailbreak it and still be able to recieve calls and messages etc or is it going to turn into a iphone touch ?

Thanks

Hey everyone had to join because i am totally confused ! I am with Vodafone on my iphone 4 and bought it from there store..my baseband is 02.10.04..So does that make it cool for me to jailbreak it and still be able to recieve calls and messages etc or is it going to turn into a iphone touch ?

Thanks

If you bought your phone and are on that same network you can jailbreak with no problems!

Sorry for not explaining before but i bought an unlocked iphone 4 from the apple store and yes i can put in any sim t mobile orange and o2 and it works so illvassume i can jailbreak with my bssband 2.10.04

And limerain has been released mate tried it it worked he had to reboot a few times to get cydia

I might still wait for greenpoision

Yeah i got it on a plan with Voda through there website - so all cool ? :D Im waiting for the greenpoisen jail break though..dont trust the other 1 that has popped up all of a sudden.

What does everyone think on a time frame for the unlock for 4.1 ??

My base band is 01.59.00 4.1 iphone4

Last edited:
Jailbroke for the first time. iPhone 4 and 4.1 firmware using limera1n. Went smooth. Cydia didn't appear. Rebooted and all good. Time to play :)

In the process of Jailbreaking my iphone 4 with Limera1n!!!!
I hope it goes smooth!

yay!!!
My phone is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

Last edited:
Well, I think I will wait a few more hours before i try a Jailbreak, want to make sure I don't F up my iPhone. I'll leave that job up to the impatient people lol.