What's new

Jailbreak and Unlock 4.1 (READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD)

pls help !!!
im new here and i would like to ask if anyone knows how to openline it here in the philippines so i can use philippines sim cards .or is it possible now to openline my phone? my Iphone4 is Version 4.1 Modem Firmware 02.10.04 ... its from US ship to me here... pls helps thanks

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question but since I don't know the answer, I will ask it. What, if any, is the difference between unlocking a phone and jailbreaking a phone? I admit I haven't read this whole thread so I am sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

Worst of both worlds work computer is a MAC home is windows, JB as a MAC in office afraid to install new JB apps or tweaks because when I did some in the office I experienced re springboard, return to cydia and reboot.

Glad I had enough time to get re tethered before being off for weekend my wife despise my phone enough let alone saying I need to run back to the office.....

Is there a way to know which tweaks, apps etc I can safely install from home without worrying about needing to re teather?

I don't even understand what causes it to be re tethered except for battery running down?

This is probably a dumb question but since I don't know the answer, I will ask it. What, if any, is the difference between unlocking a phone and jailbreaking a phone? I admit I haven't read this whole thread so I am sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

its been asked many times but it doesent matter, who can be assed to sit searching threads for something that might not be there.,

well jailbreak allows you to install any app you want to your iphone and modify it to your liking but not apples liking..

and unlock means you can use any micro sim, if that phone is locked to say vodafone when you use unlock tools you can then use it with a carrier of your choice say orange or who ever you want

Worst of both worlds work computer is a MAC home is windows, JB as a MAC in office afraid to install new JB apps or tweaks because when I did some in the office I experienced re springboard, return to cydia and reboot.

Glad I had enough time to get re tethered before being off for weekend my wife despise my phone enough let alone saying I need to run back to the office.....

Is there a way to know which tweaks, apps etc I can safely install from home without worrying about needing to re teather?

I don't even understand what causes it to be re tethered except for battery running down?

just keep an eye on the devs blog/twitter..etc and read comments

Today is Jan. 27, 2011. Is there any update on unlocking iPhone4 v.4.1 Modem firmware 02.10.04 yet? The waiting is quite a killer u know.. hehehe.. Thanks in Advance dear forumers. May the force of iPhone4forum be with us always.. Cheers! :)

I think if somewhere have the unlocking firmware for iPhone 4 v.4.1, it will also be available in Philippines bro. Don't worry, it will only be days of waiting and you can enjoy the full features of your iPhone 4. I have same situation like you.. almost dying to get to the shop and unlock my iPhone4. Well, goodluck and keep on posting positive thoughts.. the Force of the iphoneforum be with you and us all.. Cheers! :)

It's February 9th now and there's no sign of an unlock in sight for 4.1 or 4.2.1.

I can't use or even sell my SoftBank locked iPhone 4, it's sitting in it's box.

Are people actually working on an unlock because I can't find reliable information about it?

im sure the devs are working hard on un unlock, nothing you can do but use it as a ipod touch for now. but there is an unlock for 4.2.1 but you have to be on earlier baseband and have upgraded preserving the bb

im sure the devs are working hard on un unlock, nothing you can do but use it as a ipod touch for now. but there is an unlock for 4.2.1 but you have to be on earlier baseband and have upgraded preserving the bb

Meaning, do i have to upgrade to 4.2.1, then unlock tools can work, regardless whatever bb i have, cmiiw

Meaning, do i have to upgrade to 4.2.1, then unlock tools can work, regardless whatever bb i have, cmiiw

ah ok, well most the time the latest baseband is not un lockable so what you need to do is upgrade while preserving the same baseband, though some times you will see ultrasn0w working for the latest baseband and you can just upgrade in itunes and let the baseband upgrade, so always make sure you know if its ok to update your baseband or not and always cancel any firmware updates until you read up about the firmware saving you losing your phone and having to wait for a long time for unlock

Last edited: