What's new

Jailbreak and Unlock 4.1 (READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD)

Hi i have the iphone 4 version 4.3.1(8c148) & firmware 03.10.01,, my question is when will i be able to unlock it so i can change carriers?

Hi i have the iphone 4 version 4.3.1(8c148) & firmware 03.10.01,, my question is when will i be able to unlock it so i can change carriers?
you must have just got that phone like,today!
the 4.3.1 firmware has not been release yet.so that phone must be hot of the presses
maybe thats good for all the others out there.4.3.1 is right around the corner,and the dev team can release the new jailbreak and unlock
or did you mean 4.2.1? and no,that unlock will be a long while im affraid,that havent released an unlock for the 2.10 baseband yet

hi you say that an iphone with 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04 is jailbroken and unlocked. the reason I ask because mine is and when I tried using the phone in Europe after putting in a sim card all calls failed can you help.
was your phone purchased unlocked?
if not,you may be one of the only people in the world with an unlocked 2.10.04 baseband
or maybe its not unlocked,and thats why its not working there.

I jailbroke my phone but now I am looking to unlock it. My phone came with OS4.1 and basebad 02.10.04.
Like I said its already jailbroken I am now looking to unlock it. IS THIS POSSIBLE AT THIS POINT.

if you read the three posts on this page,you will find your answere

or did you mean 4.2.1? and no,that unlock will be a long while im affraid,that havent released an unlock for the 2.10 baseband yet

Are you saying the unlock for baseband 2.10 is a long while away?
If so how do you know?

Dont worry unlock will be here soon, need to wait for maximum two weeks, minimum tomorrow, so you dont have to worry, i am waiting for a month and checking every possible update from the dev team, sherif hashim who is baseband hacker said that it will be before 16th of January

didn't you say that you know a guy who was able to unlock 4.1 in Georgia???
Are you making stuff up or what?

Last edited:
hey guys i brought iphone to one man who opened the phone and you know what he did? he changed not only the baseband but he changed ios, when i had 4.1 with new baseband he made some kind of reset maybe he done it with motherboard i dont know but it works, i unlocked new baseband! and i have 4.0 right know installed after 4.1

there it is

no my iphone 4 is a 03.10.01 firmware & the version is4.2.1 how long do you think for unlock update?

no my iphone 4 is a 03.10.01 firmware & the version is4.2.1 how long do you think for unlock update?

I've returned from Japan after living there for nearly two years. While I was out there I had a iphone 4 on contract with Softbank. Before I left I paid Softbank about 40,000 yen to close te contract. I thought i'd be able to unlock the iphone when I got home and use it with one of the UK carriers.

4.1 (8B117)
Modem Firmware 02.10.04

After trying to unlock it and failing I read the the threads on here and was very disappointed.

So just to clarify things, I can jailbreak my iphone 4, which I have, but I can't unlock it, right?

I've paid that Japanese phone company about $450 for an ipod, right?

There are lots of videos on youtube about supposed unlocks for 02.10.04, are they fake?

so who wants to make sense of this for me... i keep reading about "USBmuxd" and i have no idea what this is or what it means for example.. i found a site that says :

"RedSn0w 0.9.7 Updated to Remove USBMuxd – Jailbreak iOS 4.1/4.2/4.2.1 iPhone 4/3Gs/3G iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G MC And iPad 3.2.2"

what are they removing? lol

The link for unlocking iphone 4 ios 4.1 is for iphone 3g. Does it work for iphone 4?

Verizon iPhone Announcement Expected Tuesday what this mean verizon is unlocking the iphone 4 for us?This will mark the first time that customers in the United States have been able to choose their iPhone network carrier, ending AT&T's stranglehold on service for the Apple smartphone, which dates back to the iPhone's launch in 2007.

Last edited:
i have a question! if i jailbreak my iphone 4 iOS 4.1 bb 02.10.04 is there going to be a problem for the unlock when it releases??