What's new

Help build how to thread: Activate, Jailbreak and unlock iOS 4.1

iDane: Did you solve your problem? I have the exact same problem as you. Back in Denmark with the iPhone with no service plan, the AT&T card is included but I can't activate.

What to do?

Hi HofmanDenmark

The current status is like alot of other people. :) Im awaiting the jailbreak (for firmware v. 4.1.) and the unlock (for baseband v. 02.10.04).

I hope that once the unlock is installed and my simcard will get connection to a mobile network, the phone will activate. I'll update this thread as it goes.

Concerning the jailbreak and unlock, I read on the official jb thread on this forum, and on twitter that it should be ready real soon. Hopefully the unlock will be done soon aswell.

All we can hope for is the dev-heroes that makes the jb and unlock keep ignoring those imbeciles who give them a hard time, for their own lack of patience. The jailbreakers and unlockers is doing great and much appreciated work, and we're lucky that they even bother. Some people should remember that.

Hi, iDane.
I am in the same situation as you, but I'm wondering about the unlocking of baseband 02.10.04. Will it be available to unlock it with Greenpois0n? Or do we have to wait a little longer?

iDane: Did you solve your problem? I have the exact same problem as you. Back in Denmark with the iPhone with no service plan, the AT&T card is included but I can't activate.

What to do?

Hi HofmanDenmark

The current status is like alot of other people. :) Im awaiting the jailbreak (for firmware v. 4.1.) and the unlock (for baseband v. 02.10.04).

I hope that once the unlock is installed and my simcard will get connection to a mobile network, the phone will activate. I'll update this thread as it goes.

Concerning the jailbreak and unlock, I read on the official jb thread on this forum, and on twitter that it should be ready real soon. Hopefully the unlock will be done soon aswell.

All we can hope for is the dev-heroes that makes the jb and unlock keep ignoring those imbeciles who give them a hard time, for their own lack of patience. The jailbreakers and unlockers is doing great and much appreciated work, and we're lucky that they even bother. Some people should remember that.

Hi, iDane.
I am in the same situation as you, but I'm wondering about the unlocking of baseband 02.10.04. Will it be available to unlock it with Greenpois0n? Or do we have to wait a little longer?

Hey iviz

I would expect the jailbreak to only open the iOS, so you can do what you want on that part. But the "phone-part" of the device need to be unlocked in order for us to use the provider we want. I expect the unlock to come later. This expectation is also mentioned on the official jailbreak thread on this forum.

I am in the same situation, only that I am from germany.
And I did not upgrade the phone yet, so i might be able to upgrade
to FW 4.1 without changing the baseband. Then jailbreak it, but I am concerned that after it is jailbroken, I will not be able to unlock it because it is not activated...

If anyone is in the same situation and jailbreaks the iphone tmrw, AND unlocks it (even though it is not activated), please tell me :)