What's new

So What Do You Think To iPhone 7?

I'm really interested in the difference between the new home "button" and the one on my 6s. So far, I really don't like having to push the button to unlock the phone with Touch ID. I keep calling on Siri or Apple Pay half the time. I'm thinking of setting it back to rest finger to open.

Has anyone had an issue where they call on Siri or Apple Pay when they are trying to u lock the phone with the new home button? I'm assuming the setting to change the home button exists as it does for previous phone users.

I'm really interested in the difference between the new home "button" and the one on my 6s. So far, I really don't like having to push the button to unlock the phone with Touch ID. I keep calling on Siri or Apple Pay half the time. I'm thinking of setting it back to rest finger to open.

Has anyone had an issue where they call on Siri or Apple Pay when they are trying to u lock the phone with the new home button? I'm assuming the setting to change the home button exists as it does for previous phone users.

I haven't had a problem but I do have mine set on rest to open. I thought pushing the button twice was weird. I actually only have to rest to open because the phone lights up by itself when I take it out of my pocket or pick it up.

If you go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Home Button>Rest Finger to Open and slide the switch to the on position. You can now rest your finger on the home button to unlock instead of pressing it.

If you go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Home Button>Rest Finger to Open and slide the switch to the on position. You can now rest your finger on the home button to unlock instead of pressing it.

Thanks, I saw that on a review after the release. [emoji1360] I was wondering if it was there for iPhone 7's..? I understand there are other home button options for the 7, like pressure sensitive settings.

Thanks, I saw that on a review after the release. [emoji1360] I was wondering if it was there for iPhone 7's..? I understand there are other home button options for the 7, like pressure sensitive settings.
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus have a pressure sensitive home button that recognizes a hard press as the equivalent of pushing the older home button.

If my phone is "asleep" and I "press" the home button and don't let up, Siri comes on. I do have the fingerprint scanner in operation for this to happen. If the phone is open and I'm looking at my app icons and I "press" the home button and don't let up...Siri comes on then too. You'll only get Apple pay if you tap it twice. The button the 7 works the same way. While you're pressing the home button, you THINK it's going down a bit, but it isn't on an iPhone 7.

Coming from a 6s I don't feel like it's a worthy upgrade. I likely would have returned mine and stuck with my 6s another year but my kid needed a new phone.. ( have him my 6s)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Coming from a 6s I don't feel like it's a worthy upgrade. I likely would have returned mine and stuck with my 6s another year but my kid needed a new phone.. ( have him my 6s)

I guess it all depends on what you expect from a handy, more speed, more space etc. After all you could have brought your son an iPhone from 6 range.
Maybe you'll get to enjoy the 7 more

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I guess it all depends on what you expect from a handy, more speed, more space etc. After all you could have brought your son an iPhone from 6 range.
Maybe you'll get to enjoy the 7 more

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
Ya, I just don't see it being worth it, just imop...I buy outright and would have returned it if not for what already said.. he had a 6 and dropped it in a pond... My 6S was a 64g and had zero issues, and both side by side I don't see a worthwhile difference.. it's more like an S upgrade . Maybe I'm missing something, but using it, doesn't feel any different. I've had every iPhone since the 4.

Ya, I just don't see it being worth it, just imop...I buy outright and would have returned it if not for what already said.. he had a 6 and dropped it in a pond... My 6S was a 64g and had zero issues, and both side by side I don't see a worthwhile difference.. it's more like an S upgrade . Maybe I'm missing something, but using it, doesn't feel any different. I've had every iPhone since the 4.

How about the twin speakers l have 5s and the difference between the one and two speakers is like night and day.
To just let you know how big a handy user l am mines only got 16GB. And l am happy with that. A 6 or 7 would be wasted on me. Just hope you find out some interesting things in there, to justify spending your money.
I guess at the end of the day you could always swap it
with your son and get your old back [emoji482]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

How about the twin speakers l have 5s and the difference between the one and two speakers is like night and day.
To just let you know how big a handy user l am mines only got 16GB. And l am happy with that. A 6 or 7 would be wasted on me. Just hope you find out some interesting things in there, to justify spending your money.
I guess at the end of the day you could always swap it
with your son and get your old back [emoji482]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
Like I said, not enough there to just the upgrade for ME from the 6s,. Jumping from a 5s to a 7 is night and day, no comparison to going from a 6s to a 7.

I've got it, it's a great phone, but not a worthy upgrade from the 6S... And what sense would it make to give my 16yr old my new 700$ iPhone 7 and take back my year old 6s? Honestly not worth even discussing, I answered a topic question with my opinion after going from 6s to 7.

Only had my iPhone 7 since this afternoon, Initial reaction was how beautiful it is, I wondered if I would like the Home button and I find I do, I have it on 1 at the moment and have only woke up Siri once :)
I still have some exploring to do and tomorrow I will install a screen protector.

I'm pleased to see the mute button is still there, There was a rumour it wouldn't be in iPhone 7, I only thought about it again this evening.

I'm pleased to see the mute button is still there, There was a rumour it wouldn't be in iPhone 7, I only thought about it again this evening.
I agree.
I think it would be ill-advised for Apple or any cell phone manufacturer to remove the mute switch. With the mute switch as it currently exists you can easily mute your phone without taking it out of your pocket or purse. Making the mute function accessible through a software switch only would mean your have to take out your phone, wake it up, select the screen in settings containing the mute function and only then muting your phone. This is a lot more intrusive and time consuming.

Last edited:
It seems less noticeable too in iPhone 7, Is it just me or is neater/flatter?