Do you think the iPhone 7 will make big changes?

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by dgstorm, Sep 16, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

The iPhone 6S is just like most "S" model iPhones. It's basically a refinement/improvement of the iPhone 6. The iPhone 6 really changed the game in the mobile world with a completely new device design and size from Apple. Do you think the iPhone 7 will be another big game changer, or will it simply be an evolved iPhone 6?

2. DrumsOfGrohl

DrumsOfGrohl Administrator Staff Member

I think the jump from the 5S to the 6 has been the most drastic of any generation of the iPhone. I have a hard time thinking Apple will be able to top that. It will have to be a bigger jump than what the 6S was to the 6. And I think putting more pixels in the camera is a waste.

Time to optimize the battery. Lets put better speakers in the iPhone 7 (or 4 speakers a la iPad Pro). The ability to delete the stock Apps (this is probably something more for iOS 10, than the iPhone 7). A better notification pull-down menu (also iOS 10, maybe).

3. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Administrator Staff Member

Deleting stock apps would be a huge step forward, That would be a really big plus for me.
    Not being able to delete stock apps is a bone of contention.

4. DrumsOfGrohl

DrumsOfGrohl Administrator Staff Member

In all honesty, its not the worst thing in the world, you know? They're annoying, and useless, but they're not much different than that app you downloaded a month ago thinking you'd use it all the time, and just take up space on your last screen. Yes, they're there all the time, but its more of a stupid feature, than a 'problem' with the iOS. I'm only reminded of them when a new iOS comes out, but eventually I stop remembering they're even on my phone. That being said, I'd love to be able to delete them off my phone.

5. joshua luther2

joshua luther2 New Member

I'd love to see front facing stereo speakers even though the speaker on my 6 plus isn't bad at all. I'm not sure what they could change that would make me want to get one. Mine is pretty much what I need. 3D Touch looks cool but I couldn't see myself needing or wanting to use it. I do wish that they would at least offer the same amount of iCloud storage that my phone is capable of. So if I buy a 64gb version, it would be nice to have that much iCloud storage available for free. I know I can just backup to my computer. But that's about the only thing I can think of that they could change. I do also dislike being forced to use iTunes to transfer music and not being able to drag and drop, say, pdf or word documents from my pc to my phone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gregoris

Gregoris Administrator Staff Member

I think it will have wireless charging and the waterproof feature at least, maybe a 256GB model as the ipad pro now has 256gb, but I have a feeling 256gb will be added in the 7s rather then the 7

• Agree Agree x 1