What's new

So what do you think?

03hdfatboy

Reaction score
now that a few of us have had a day or so to play with the new phone what do you think?

I like it, it’s responsive the screen is beautiful and love wireless charging
Have you tried both wireless and wired charging to see the difference in charging time? I'd expect wireless charging to take longer as it's less efficient than using the regular charger and cable.

Have you tried both wireless and wired charging to see the difference in charging time? I'd expect wireless charging to take longer as it's less efficient than using the regular charger and cable.
I have the wireless one in the car so no I haven’t timed it. The one I use in the house is for my iPad so I’m sure it’s faster than the regular charger. I’ve ised iPad chargers for the past 5 years. The ones that come with the phone never get used.

I got to see one in person over the weekend.. They most definitely improved feel in hand with the glass.. I know most will use a case but those people that like to carry naked it will be less slippery...

I got the 8 Plus in Silver - I like the added weight (which isn't much but it feels heavier & feels better in hand without a case and I really like the feel of the glass backing. Although it is currently in a case :) (which for those wondering, most of the 7 Plus cases will work). The phone seems quite responsive and I have had good luck with battery life.

I also have the new Series 3 watch - the phone seems to "communicate" with it better than the Series 2 and I love not having to have my phone around it all the time and still receive real-time updates for the things I want.

I have to say, I really like the 8. I picked one up for mom and carried it for a few weeks. I dig it. Definitely love the wireless charging again. That's the one thing that has been missing for a long time from Apple and I'm happy it's finally here.

Now. BRING ON THE X!!!!!!!!!

I haven't bought a wireless charger, I like aluminum bumpers on my iPhones so I'm not sure wireless charging would work for me as there is a little lip that stops the phone touching any surface it's put down on.

I haven't bought a wireless charger, I like aluminum bumpers on my iPhones so I'm not sure wireless charging would work for me as there is a little lip that stops the phone touching any surface it's put down on.
Take your iPhone in the bumper case to an Apple Store and ask to try out a wireless charger. If it works you can buy one.

I heard that’s not going to be a problem. There’s reviews on YouTube with otterboxs using wireless chargers.
Otterbox cases don't have any metal in them, unlike the metal bumper case I was referring to.

That’s true, but I thought you were talking about the thickness of the bumper case. The part that chargers the phone is a circle under the apple logo. So I doubt the metal bumpers would effect it. But it’s worth checking first. Better safe than sorry. =)
I was thinking about the thickness of the bumper case but also about its metal construction, That's why I suggested a test at an Apple Store.