What's new

Restoring jailbreak iphone 4 4.2.8

MrsStratyRN said:
Please help me....i need to redo my jailbreak and i do not want to upgrade to 4.2.10 but my phone isnt acting right and I want to redo my jailbreak.

I have tiny umbrella but so lost on how to use it.

thanks,

mrsstratyrn

What is your phone doing.

Jmills87 said:
Ok great, and no problem. Don't worry you are on the home stretch :p All that's left is restoring the firmware.

Yea I hear ya. Idk why I was having so many problems earlier......but like you said..the hard part is over and it's all down hill from here right?

How did it go with your downgrade? Any feedback about your experiences? Do you have your iPhone upworking well on the earlier iOS version? Or are you back to the most recent iOS available? Please feedback.

Please help me....i need to redo my jailbreak and i do not want to upgrade to 4.2.10 but my phone isnt acting right and I want to redo my jailbreak.

I have tiny umbrella but so lost on how to use it.

thanks,

mrsstratyrn

If it's a minor misbehavior, I will advice you not to re jailbreak or even restore.

Sry bout the delayed response. Actually to be honest I haven't had a chance to continue on with the process but I'm hoping when Im finished with this job tomorrow I can take the time and finish what I started. I promise when it's all said and done I will update everyone one how it went

Forgive me for the silly NUB question, if I have not saved my SHSH Blob prior to JB'ing on 4.2.8 are the above steps meaningless?

I am currently on Jailbroken 4.2.8 and I too am having some issues (missing Facetime for one and others) and I would like to restore and re-jailbreak. Any suggestions?

Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack your thread!

BAT

Last edited:
Forgive me for the silly NUB question, if I have not saved my SHSH Blob prior to JB'ing on 4.2.8 are the above steps meaningless?

I am currently on Jailbroken 4.2.8 and I too am having some issues (missing Facetime for one and others) and I would like to restore and re-jailbreak. Any suggestions?

Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack your thread!

BAT

You should be able to save your SHSH for 4.2.8 by using iFaith from ih8sn0w, provided you have access to a Windows PC. iFaith extracts the blobs from your installed firmware on the phone. You can download iFaith from here - iH8sn0w.com -- Maintenance Mode
The site is down at the moment, but a holding page is still active where you can download the tool.
Once iFaith has extracted your blobs you can create your own pre-signed firmware for 4.2.8 to make restores easier using the same tool.

Thanks for the response, I will give that a try.

I was attempting to follow Jmills87 directions listed previously but it appears that the link to the bundle is for iPhone 3, am I missing something? I am trying to restore/re-JB my iPhone 4 with 4.2.8.

Thanks again,

BAT

No, the link is for iPhone4 they don't even make 4.2.8 for anything but iPhone4. iPhone3,3 4.2.8 8E401.bundle.zip

iPhone 3Gs would be iPhone2,1
iPhone 3G would be iPhone1,2

Ok fellas it looks like everything went smooth as butter!!! I just finished restoring the 4.2.8 jailbreak and Im finishing up the restore and sync as we speak. I cannot say thanks enough to everyone that helped out!

kp1387 said:
Ok fellas it looks like everything went smooth as butter!!! I just finished restoring the 4.2.8 jailbreak and Im finishing up the restore and sync as we speak. I cannot say thanks enough to everyone that helped out!

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

f4780y said:
Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Little off subject but how do you create a QR Symbol with all your contact info on it. Tried to search forum but no results

No, the link is for iPhone4 they don't even make 4.2.8 for anything but iPhone4. iPhone3,3 4.2.8 8E401.bundle.zip

iPhone 3Gs would be iPhone2,1
iPhone 3G would be iPhone1,2

Thanks for clarifying, now to give this a go. Hopefully I will have the same luck KP did.

BAT