What's new

Picture storage order

Harry Caller

Reaction score
I still use my 3gs and just upgraded to the 4.0 OS. I use a PC and use Adobe Album to organize my iPhone pics. Almost all of my pics are shot whith an SLR. Since I upgraded to 4.0 the pics load into the correct albums but in some random order I can't control. This is a real problem for me.

Question: Do any of you iPhone 4g users use a PC and Adobe Album? I plan to get an iPhone 4 in a couple weeks but I desperately hope this same problem doesn't exist on the new phone.

Dick

It won't matter what phone you have the iOS (pictures app) will order your folders a..b..c.. Ect. What I usually do is just put a number such as 1..2..3 on the folders I want to show up first in my album.

when I use Adobe Album the filenames don't matter. Well, they didn't till I upgraded. I could arrange them in Album the way I wanted and they came up in the phone in just that order. It was great. The new OS has screwed that up. I talked with tech support at Apple and they said they knew about it and were working on it, but you know how that is. They could be months away from a fix.

I'm really hoping to find out for sure that using a PC and Adobe Album will give me the results I used to get in my 3gs.

Dick

Say, Danny Boy, I just noticed that you are in Tx. I'm in Cedar Park, an Austin Suburb. Where are you located?

Dick

That's funny. About 30 years ago my brother was in a painting business where he went all over the country painting office furniture. We grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana. He called me one day when I had already moved to Austin and said "hey, I'm in Lubbock on a job, why don't I drop down and visit?" He didn't realize how far it was. Any point in Indiana is within a couple hours of Indianapolis. Not so in Texas. If I'm ever headed up that way I'll try to give you a shout.

Dick

That's funny. About 30 years ago my brother was in a painting business where he went all over the country painting office furniture. We grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana. He called me one day when I had already moved to Austin and said "hey, I'm in Lubbock on a job, why don't I drop down and visit?" He didn't realize how far it was. Any point in Indiana is within a couple hours of Indianapolis. Not so in Texas. If I'm ever headed up that way I'll try to give you a shout.

Dick

Sounds Great!