What's new

PhotoAlbums+

Deiota

Reaction score
I have a question about this app, Photoalbuns+, that I'm considering buying!
It's about the synchronization with iTunes and a pc (Windows 7).
Imagine that i have camera roll and photo library only.
I buy the app and I create an album called "me" and put 10 pics inside.
Then I create an album called "pets" and put another 10 pictures inside.
When I sync with iTunes what is going to happen? Inside my "sync" iPhone folder that I choose on iTunes to be downloaded Picts to my pc will be created these to folders, named "me" and "pets" with the pictures inside?
Or is something less transparent and less "cool"?
Because I have my pictures in my pc organized and I'd like to have my iPhone taken pictures also organized, something that is not easy with the stock app!
Of course the main albums are in pc but I'd like to have "the best of" collections with me, specially the ones shot with iPhone itself.

Waiting for your help / review / sugestion of other app (Jb or not)
Thanks
Deiota

 Sent from my White 32 Gb iPhone 4 using TapaTalk 

Last edited:
Hi, Deiota. I'm looking into your question and will be back if no one else answers before I do.

I am posting now mainly to tell you that I deleted this same question you asked in another thread. Please don't post the same question more than once. Not only does it fragment the conversation and make it difficult to follow, it's against the forum rules. So, any and all responses should come here.

Marilyn

Sorry about the double posts.
:)
I'll wait for an answer so I can decide if I buy or not the app!
Deiota

Last edited:
itunes will read all the photos in your iPhone as be part for camera roll despite how you've classify them into folder using photoAlbum+
But if you explore your iPhone from My Computer> iPhone hard drive/ then you will see your photos in there just the way you arrange them in your iPhone.

It got me a bit confused and wondering if I understood it quite well what you just said and if so, If it's convenient!
I know what I want but I don't know how to get it!
At this time I have no picture in camera roll, 5 albums created on my pc (folders) and synced to iPhone via iTunes and photo library. There are a lot of pictures in each folder/album / photo library that I wish to delete because there are another similar ones or just because i don't like it or so but I simply can't delete a photo in this albums/folders and neither in photo album. Can I delete photos in this circumstances with photoalbums+? That would be an asset!
I really hate the idea of going back to my pc and delete/choose pictures inside of this folders and then resync again to reorganize it... It would be much more easy to do it on the iPhone...
Deiota

Yes after you added pictures folder to your iPhone using iTunes and sync those pictures to your iPhone, you can not modify those added folders in your iPhone photo album, you can only view them or share them, you have no option to delete the pictures from the folder or no option to delete the folder as well, only way to modify it will be to connect the iPhone to your computer and make the modification in iTunes and then sync it to your iPhone again.
PhotoAlbum+ at the other hand allow you to manage pictures the way you want (ONLY PICTURES TAKEN WITH THE IPHONE CAMERA APP, OR PHOTOS RECEIVED VIA MESSENGER OR DOWNLOADED) the photos you will sync to your iPhone from iTunes will still remain untouchable by photoAlbum+. But you can look for any sharing application like download manager or anything like that, after you connect your iPhone to your computer, go to application, scroll down to see the sharing application section, there you select your sharing application e.g.. download manager and you highlight it and drag and drop your computer photos in there. After the photos transfer is done, open up download manager on your iPhone and you will see the photo you just added there. Open them and you will have the option to save them to the camera roll just like you can save any photo in your message application into the camera roll. Once the photos are in your camera roll, you will be able to arrange them using your photoAlbum+ tweak.
What i haven't tried is to know if it's possible to use photoAlbum+ to create a picture folder on the iPhone and then connect the iPhone to the computer, open "My computer> iPhone drive/ camera album" and drag and drop my computer folder in there. What i remember is i can't add photos to the iPhone that way, but i can remove photos from the iPhone to my computer that way. I do not know if PhotoAlbum+ can help adding photos in iPhone from the computer that way, you will have to try and find out. Good Luck.

what is the exact name of the app you're talking about to put photos into iphone (from the pc)? it is to install on the pc right? And I dont use itunes for this matter so?...

Any sharing app can do the trick. go to the app store and look for "USB Disk" download and install it to your iPhone, once that's done, connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes, after iTunes finish reading your iPhone go to the application tab, scroll completely down to see the sharing apps section, look for USB Disk amount those application you will find there, highlight USB Disk and you will see a dedicated window at the right side showing the content of USB Disk (if there are any file in there already, if not it will be blank) then drag and drop your photos from your computer into that window and wait for the transfer to finish. After the transfer is done go back to you iPhone and open USB Disk and there you will see all your photos. From there you will have the option to save your photos to camera roll.
Expect USB Disk there are many many sharing application of that kind, but USB Disk should be able to help you understand how a sharing app is working.

hi
thanks for your reply. it was very helpful.
after testing a few apps about usb disk I liked the one called Phone Drive.
I understood how to pass photos from pc to the iphone, as you told me, as a pen drive and then usin the photos app with photoalbums+ creating the albuns and organizing my photos into albuns as I wanted.
The only problem is that is not pratical at all (compared to WM for instance). This is not hard to do as soon as we get to know it but its boring and takes time.
And to be more boring, there are a few issues that really bothers me.... in the photo app (with or without the photoalbums+), should have a button or something to select all / "deselect all", because tap 300 photos to select them to move them to a photo album is a pain in the ass....
another thing that I notice, it must not just be me, when we create an album, a window opens to add photos from the albuns already createed (including camera roll), so you enter an album, select the pictures and click done and those pictures you seleced are COPIED to the folder you just created, which is not what we want.
So when we create an album we have to "not to select pictures", and do the reverse, go to the album where the pictures we want are, and then select them and them we have the option to move MOVE to the album we just created.... anoying... amuzing... boring....
But it works, if we know these tricks.....
Do you have any other tricks or tips or something that may help me out a bit more?
Thanks once again

You are able to move (not copy) photos from camera roll to another folder because you have photoAlbum+ installed in your iPhone.