What's new

How can you truly organize your photos?

Ishtarbgl

Reaction score
Be gentle. iPhone 5 newbie here. I've started taking a lot of pics with just my iPhone and I've been impressed by the quality. I've also figured out how to organize them on the iphone by using albums. However, albums appear to do me no good when I connect the iphone to a computer. Windows explorer sees the iphone, but it doesn't segregate the pics in to albums. It simply reflects one folder with everything on the entire camera roll. Is there any solution that will allow me to organize photos on my iphone and see this same organization on a pc such as the windows explorer app?

Unfortunately, you've discovered the limitations of the Photo app and Apple's way of sorting your photos. The albums you made only contain links to the photos in the main camera/photo roll - and only the phone can see/use those links (as you've discovered). That's as good as it gets with the stock app.

So, my suggestion is to find another app to use for photo management - preferably one with easy access to a computer. Although there are a lot out there, I know a lot of people have success with Photo Manager Pro ($2.99, USD). I use a multi-purpose file management app called "iFiles" ($3.99) because (1) I can wirelessly connect to the computer via the web browser to download/upload files or (2) I can mount my iFiles app as a network drive on my PC and, as long as the signal from iFiles is running, I can treat the drive as a regular Windows Explorer window.

Regardless and again, there are many photo management apps out there. They'll be your best bet. Good luck.

Marilyn

Thank you so much Marilyn. Easily one of the most informative and well written responses I've read.

I'll give photo manager pro a try.

If your phone is jailbroken there is a great tweak for organizing photos that works with native photos app.,. I use it and its great