What's new

Picture storage order

Harry Caller

Reaction score
I still use my 3gs and just upgraded to the 4.0 OS. I use a PC and use Adobe Album to organize my iPhone pics. Almost all of my pics are shot whith an SLR. Since I upgraded to 4.0 the pics load into the correct albums but in some random order I can't control. This is a real problem for me.

Question: Do any of you iPhone 4g users use a PC and Adobe Album? I plan to get an iPhone 4 in a couple weeks but I desperately hope this same problem doesn't exist on the new phone.

Dick

DannyBoy

Reaction score
It won't matter what phone you have the iOS (pictures app) will order your folders a..b..c.. Ect. What I usually do is just put a number such as 1..2..3 on the folders I want to show up first in my album.

OP
Harry Caller

Harry Caller

Reaction score
when I use Adobe Album the filenames don't matter. Well, they didn't till I upgraded. I could arrange them in Album the way I wanted and they came up in the phone in just that order. It was great. The new OS has screwed that up. I talked with tech support at Apple and they said they knew about it and were working on it, but you know how that is. They could be months away from a fix.

I'm really hoping to find out for sure that using a PC and Adobe Album will give me the results I used to get in my 3gs.

Dick

OP
Harry Caller

Harry Caller

Reaction score
Say, Danny Boy, I just noticed that you are in Tx. I'm in Cedar Park, an Austin Suburb. Where are you located?

Dick

OP
Harry Caller

Harry Caller

Reaction score
That's funny. About 30 years ago my brother was in a painting business where he went all over the country painting office furniture. We grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana. He called me one day when I had already moved to Austin and said "hey, I'm in Lubbock on a job, why don't I drop down and visit?" He didn't realize how far it was. Any point in Indiana is within a couple hours of Indianapolis. Not so in Texas. If I'm ever headed up that way I'll try to give you a shout.

Dick

DannyBoy

Reaction score
That's funny. About 30 years ago my brother was in a painting business where he went all over the country painting office furniture. We grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana. He called me one day when I had already moved to Austin and said "hey, I'm in Lubbock on a job, why don't I drop down and visit?" He didn't realize how far it was. Any point in Indiana is within a couple hours of Indianapolis. Not so in Texas. If I'm ever headed up that way I'll try to give you a shout.

Dick

Sounds Great!

Most reactions

Latest posts