What's new

Noob question, What would happen if you flash a Iphone4 BB 02.10.04 with 4.3.2 now

CnB

Reaction score
Ok i got a Iphone 4 from AT&T yeah i know got suckered into it haha.
So the Iphone is on BB 02.10.04 with FW 4.1

What exactly would happen if i would just use sn0wbreeze to upgrade to 4.3.2 ?
As in make a custom FW with it and flash it to the phone.

I don't understand why this would not work.
Atm on 4.1 it works on a foreign sim card.
And there is no ultrasn0w installed on it(except limera1n, but from what i understand this is a jailbreak not a unlock tool).

Also weird how a power sim or whatever is able to unlock, but yet there is no soft unlock release yet.
From what i can tell this has being going on since last year if as i read through articles and forum posts.

Ok i got a Iphone 4 from AT&T yeah i know got suckered into it haha.
So the Iphone is on BB 02.10.04 with FW 4.1

What exactly would happen if i would just use sn0wbreeze to upgrade to 4.3.2 ?
As in make a custom FW with it and flash it to the phone.

I don't understand why this would not work.
Atm on 4.1 it works on a foreign sim card.
And there is no ultrasn0w installed on it(except limera1n, but from what i understand this is a jailbreak not a unlock tool).

Also weird how a power sim or whatever is able to unlock, but yet there is no soft unlock release yet.
From what i can tell this has being going on since last year if as i read through articles and forum posts.

hello!

there is no point using sn0wbreeze atm because your not on a baseband that can be unlocked. the main reason to use that would be to preserve the baseband update and upgrade to 4.3.2 and be able to unlock with ultrasn0w but you can just use redsn0w and jb with that and wait for a new unlock for your baseband..

but you may want to just use snowbreeze and hold off the baseband in case the devs find a way to upgrade earlier basebands before the newer one

U can upgrade to the latest firmware, then unlock, or use snowbreeze like you are saying. Nothing will happen to your phone and you should be able to preserve your baseband or to unlock, all depending on what software you use to jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello!

there is no point using sn0wbreeze atm because your not on a baseband that can be unlocked. the main reason to use that would be to preserve the baseband update and upgrade to 4.3.2 and be able to unlock with ultrasn0w but you can just use redsn0w and jb with that and wait for a new unlock for your baseband..

but you may want to just use snowbreeze and hold off the baseband in case the devs find a way to upgrade earlier basebands before the newer one

do u mean here that bb 02.10.04 can not be unlock by ultrasnow at the moment?

Oopss my bad, your baseband has no unlock for the latest firmware. Please do not take into considerarion my previous post.

hello!

do u mean here that bb 02.10.04 can not be unlock by ultrasnow at the moment?

yes thats what i am saying :) only 01.59 baseband atm

Ok i understand now.

So in short i got a nice looking paper weight now haha.
I used it in the states for 7 months or so, but when i returned home i figured a quick JB & Unlock and i can use it.
Guessed wrong lol, shame i cant find my invoice or i would be able to just swap it in for a local one.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Ok i understand now.

I used it in the states for 7 months or so, but when i returned home i figured a quick JB & Unlock and i can use it.
Guessed wrong lol, shame i cant find my invoice or i would be able to just swap it in for a local one.

well if there no way you can use the carrier its locked to you can always jailbreak and use it as an ipod touch for now..

Ok i understand now.

well if there no way you can use the carrier its locked to you can always jailbreak and use it as an ipod touch for now..

Yup thats true, gonna call around here.
See if i can force any exchange for a local model.
Can't hurt to try, i know apple insurance does it.
But depending on how they look at it of course.
Other Cevey Pro, but 112 is a emergency number over here.
So not the best idea to use that haha.

if all fails then i got a ipod for the moment, until dev team gives us a release.

Ok i understand now.

if all fails then i got a ipod for the moment, until dev team gives us a release.

also some carriers will unlock phones for you, i dont know if you pay for a sim from that carrier or just bought the phone locked to them and never used one of their sims..

also some carriers will unlock phones for you, i dont know if you pay for a sim from that carrier or just bought the phone locked to them and never used one of their sims..

Well when i was in the states i used the AT&T card with it.
But the idea was to use a local card with a unlock, unknowing that BB 04.10.02 was not cracked yet.
Not sure if there is any possibility to have a iphone dealer around here to unlock a AT&T phone.

Well when i was in the states i used the AT&T card with it.
But the idea was to use a local card with a unlock, unknowing that BB 04.10.02 was not cracked yet.
Not sure if there is any possibility to have a iphone dealer around here to unlock a AT&T phone.

there are lots of scammers who claim to have unlocks but will take your money and you will never hear from them again...

sim solutions and recently perm unlock solutions that quickly stop working

Yeah those websites i really did not look for yet.
As far as i know no legit site offers AT&T unlocks.
And i doubt it will ever happen either, best bet is a software unlock or hope for a trade in at a apple dealer around here.