What's new

iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners

Thank you for your help. I have a 3G phone that my daughter gave to me when she upgraded. She has now switched off of At&t since her contract ended. I want to use the phone with Straighttalk so I don't have to sign a contract. Thank you again. Mden Firmware on the phone is 05.13.04

That's easy then... there's no need to Unlock an iPhone to use it on Straight Talk. 😄 We have a thread going that explains how to setup your iPhone for use.

The thread I found has an indicator of "banned" above the participants name. Should that make me nervous.

Not necessarily. Can you post a link to the tread you're talking about... and I'll take a look.

Thank you. I turned the phone off and taaadaaa have service. How easy was that. Now to learn how to navigate it all. Whewwwww, What a relief as the phone is for my spouse who has no computer knowledge but loses phones easily. Which me luck. Seems I will be using you all alot to fix what he messes up.

Thank you. I turned the phone off and taaadaaa have service. How easy was that. Now to learn how to navigate it all. Whewwwww, What a relief as the phone is for my spouse who has no computer knowledge but loses phones easily. Which me luck. Seems I will be using you all alot to fix what he messes up.

Glad it's sorted. 😄 That's what we're here for!

Everything is right in this thread. There are still methods to unlock iPhone but you can do if your baseband is already updated and there are no solutions to unlock it for free? Only IMEI unlock can help you and I'm sure that most of you know about it. It is not news today.
The point is to find legit and cheap service. I can help you with that advising really cheap and genuine service for AT&T iPhones: ***Moderation Notice: Removed External Link Per Forum Rules!***
No need to be worry about scam because money back guaranty. Many of my friends used this service and now there are happy to use any SIM card and iOS / baseband

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is right in this thread. There are still methods to unlock iPhone but you can do if your baseband is already updated and there are no solutions to unlock it for free? Only IMEI unlock can help you and I'm sure that most of you know about it. It is not news today.
The point is to find legit and cheap service. I can help you with that advising really cheap and genuine service for AT&T iPhones: ***Moderation Notice: Removed External Link Per Forum Rules!***
No need to be worry about scam because money back guaranty. Many of my friends used this service and now there are happy to use any SIM card and iOS / baseband
Thanks for the info... however, we do not allow External Links to websites for any type of Unlocking.

I Used an online factory unlock service for my iphone 4 and am now trying to activate and use it. I try and activate through itunes but it fails, I think this is because I have no sim, I get the error message "We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time." I just want to be sure before I go into t-mobile and have them give me a micro sim. I can't check the baseband because I can't get into the phone, thanks

Baseband doesn't matter with a factory/IMEI unlock. The only way to know if your device is unlocked or not is if you stick another carrier's SIM in there really.

Hello everyone,
Today I have bought a second-hand iPhone 4 locked to Spanish operator Movistar (could be unlocked by IMEI - which is, as far as I know, synonymous to factory unlock). However, the guy did not delete some of his contacts/data, so I, without knowning the consequences, restored it to factory settings with iTunes and updated software to the latest version. Therefore, now I have to reactivate the phone, which left me with two options: 1) buy Movistar prepaid sim-card that would enable activation and then proceed with unlocking 2) do the IMEI unlock (skipping the activation with movistar card step), hoping that then the phone can be activated with any other card

So, I wonder whether the latter is technically possible and what are the potential issues or it's better not to take the risk and buy the Movistar's sim-card? What would you recommend? Apologies if this turnes out to be a stupid question
Thanks in advance!

If you're going to unlock it using an IMEI unlock, you wouldn't need to activate it first.