What's new

Please help me

bip

Reaction score
Few month ago i brought a iphone 4 it was 30 gb and i brought it from web in our country we don't have official apple store i brought it from a person who said he brought this iphone 4 from UK and he mentioned me it was factory unlocked when i brought the fone from him it was at 4.1 ios and bb was 02.10.04 when i got the fone i was able to use it after few days i left my country and went to Germany and while i was in German i used a o2 sim i was able to call and received but there i found o2 signal reception was very bad that's why i searcher the google and try to find out the possible solution in somewhere i found maybe restoring iphone 4 through itunes would solve this problem so i did but after i successfully restored my fone i saw slide to emergency blah blah and then i try to active my fone but everytime i tried it says unsupported sim card :( and now i'm stuck for few months :( now i'm back at my country still can't use sim i jailbreak my fone to active normal functions now it's all showing no service why does restore killed my factory unlock i was able to use sim at my country and also at germany then what happened now here's my fone info please help me it's become a useless fone for me i can't use sim on it then i have to sell it :(

Network: Not Available
Version:4.1(8B117)
Carrier: Not Available
Model:MC605B
Modem Firmware:02.10.04

Please help me what actually happened to my fone after restoring everything was working before please help me thanks

Anyone can help here??? Please...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u also stuck as mine :( somebody plz help !

So your still using the same sim you always have? Is it a uk o2 sim..?

I tried to use different kind of sim card o2 and those carrier sim cards which available in our country but still it's same any idea what should i do ?

Can you make clear your problem. You bought an iPhone in the uk which you were told was factory unlocked? It had an o2 sim in it at the time and thats the only one that ever worked...?

When i brought it i used GP carrier on it after i left my country then i used o2 sim it so it's clear that i used any kind of sim card on this iphone but it doesn't matter cuz it's locked now :(

Sounds like is wasn't factory unlocked so when you restored it you lost your unlock...

:( So that guy lied to me while he sold the i4 to me btw there's nothing can be done now cuz i donno the guy is there anything can be done to unlock my fone ?What are the possible ways to unlock it ?

Its possible the guy who sold it to you (or the original owner), has reported it stolen to claim on the insurance.

:( So that guy lied to me while he sold the i4 to me btw there's nothing can be done now cuz i donno the guy is there anything can be done to unlock my fone ?What are the possible ways to unlock it ?

Ive fallen victim of this with other honed over craigslist multiple times. There was never anything I could do about it. The only tip I can give you is to meet the guy at the Verizon store whatever phone you buy next and activate it before you pay.
You can also call into Verizon if you want before you pay and they'll tell you if the phone you have is activateable or not. I know...I made up my own word just now...

If you restored in iTunes without preserving your baseband then there's no unlock just now...