What's new

Screen Shattered!!!!Please help

pratul.aug88

Reaction score
Hi..I got an iphone 4s as a gift from US. I stay in India. Unfortunately my screen has cracked. The touch however is working properly. When I went to an apple store, they told me that since it is a US purchase ( the fone was bought in February), nothing can be done in INdia. I will have to go to a local vendor to repair it. But he also said that it would ruin my warranty.
Please help me in getting my ifone fixed. I have no idea what are the apple 's policies over screen breaking in other country.

It seems clear to me you have two choices...ship it back to the person who gave it to you to have them fix it under warranty or get it fixed yourself in India. Since it was a gift, you are not out anything if the warranty gets voided anyway.

It seems clear to me you have two choices...ship it back to the person who gave it to you to have them fix it under warranty or get it fixed yourself in India. Since it was a gift, you are not out anything if the warranty gets voided anyway.

But does Apple has any policies of replacing it ??coz if it is not India purchase and one percent the fone gets damaged den theres no chanceof getting a replaced one unlike in US...

Irregardless of where the iPhone was purchased it... the screen being broken is not a warranty issue. Therefore, Apple will not replace your phone or fix it under said warranty. As xray stated above there are really only two options. Send it back to America so your friend can have it repaired by Apple... for a price. Prolly anywhere from $125-$150 USD. This method will save the warranty. Otherwise you'll need to have it replaced at a local repair shop or replace it yourself. Both of these options will void the warranty.