What's new

jail broken iphone 4 stuck in recovery please help

bishr

Reaction score
hello thanks for taking the time to read my iphone 4 was running fine yesterday it was jailbroken using redsnow version 4.1.5 unteetherd i think u have to use the com to turn it back on using redsnow and restore using iPhone3,1_4.3.4_8K2_Restore.ipsw that file my brother put it on as i dont no out about that stuff then i tried to update it using itunes to the latest version coz my brother said there was a jailbreak for it but it never worked i just got an error code 14 your fone could no b restored so i foned him he sed to put it into recovery mode told me how to which brought up itunes logo and lead he said itunes shud recognise that your fone is in recovery mode and automatically download the lastest version for u but it never it brought up the same error code (14) which apple say has sumthing to do with a third party im guessing its coz of the custom firmwere so i tried to but the custom firmware back on the way i wud normally do it but the pineapple just stays on the screen after 10 mins i turned it off n it puts me into recovery mode ive tried doing i few things but im not getting anywere the things ive tried ...........

using redsnow n putting it in pwned dfu mode which shud let me put a custom firmwere on manually on itunes i used
iPhone3,1_4.3.4_8K2_Restore.ipsw that it gets half way through restoring firmwere on itunes then give error code (3194) to get around this issue u have to put 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com in my system32/drivers/ect/hosts file as admin and restart your com then tryed agen with itunes but that never worked.
then red sumwere u cud restore using tiny unberella but i needed to hav saved a shss or sumthing the version of my firmwere i thought anyway i didnt n im guessing that is important but give up on that then i downloaded fixrecovery43.exe and zlib1.dll that looked promising the screen went white then loads of script scrolled down the fone then it went off and went back in to recovery mode stupid thing as anybody else had this issue im guessing it fooked coz i never backed it up using sshs thingy on tinyumberella i hope im wrong surely i cant b the only numpty thanks for reading james