What's new

iphone 4 stuck in recovery mode

mie mie

New Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I was trying to jailbreak in my iphone 4. I used redsnow 0.9.10b6 and iOS 5.1 firmwares. Just before reboot, I got the error and my phone has been in recovery mode and nothing is appeared over the phone screen. When i connected to pc, it mentioned it is recovery mode and suggested to restore. When I clicked restore, it is in error and can't restore. Then I really don't know what to do because I am just testing the jailbreak and a beginner of iphone. Now I can't use my phone totally because it doesn't appear any though I press the power button.

Is there anyone who can help me? I am totally in trouble.

thanks
 

chunky

New Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2011
Messages
523
Reaction score
16
Try putting it in DFU mode then restore.

Programmes such as tiny umbrella, the redsn0w programme itself and recboot also can take iPhones out of recovery mode.
 

zig9449

New Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
108
Location
PA
mie mie said:
I was trying to jailbreak in my iphone 4. I used redsnow 0.9.10b6 and iOS 5.1 firmwares. Just before reboot, I got the error and my phone has been in recovery mode and nothing is appeared over the phone screen. When i connected to pc, it mentioned it is recovery mode and suggested to restore. When I clicked restore, it is in error and can't restore. Then I really don't know what to do because I am just testing the jailbreak and a beginner of iphone. Now I can't use my phone totally because it doesn't appear any though I press the power button.

Is there anyone who can help me? I am totally in trouble.

thanks

Just plug in device, open redsn0w, click the Jailbreak button. Enter DFU.

You did not properly enter DFU the fist time.

After you click jailbreak and enter DFU mode, make sure you "uncheck" install Cydia.
 

Semel

New Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
219
Reaction score
2
Did he say os 5.1? No jailbreak for that.Open itunes.Press and hold the home button on your phone before you connect it to the pc.While holding the home button connect the phone to the pc.Itunes should pic it up as being in recovery mode.Then restore to 5.1
 

zig9449

New Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
108
Location
PA
Semel said:
Did he say os 5.1? No jailbreak for that.Open itunes.Press and hold the home button on your phone before you connect it to the pc.While holding the home button connect the phone to the pc.Itunes should pic it up as being in recovery mode.Then restore to 5.1

Yea there is. For his phone model, there is a tethered jailbreak for 5.1. And it will not restore fomr Recovery mode. He will have to enter DFU mode f he is going I restore.
 

Semel

New Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
219
Reaction score
2
zig9449 said:
Yea there is. For his phone model, there is a tethered jailbreak for 5.1. And it will not restore fomr Recovery mode. He will have to enter DFU mode f he is going I restore.

Oh, ok.Txs for clearing that up.
 
OP
M

mie mie

New Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I tried many times to enter DFU again and finally I can come out of it. Now my iphone is working on jailbreak. Thanks for helping me out.
 
Top