What's new

iphone 4 stuck in recovery mode

mie mie

Reaction score
I was trying to jailbreak in my iphone 4. I used redsnow 0.9.10b6 and iOS 5.1 firmwares. Just before reboot, I got the error and my phone has been in recovery mode and nothing is appeared over the phone screen. When i connected to pc, it mentioned it is recovery mode and suggested to restore. When I clicked restore, it is in error and can't restore. Then I really don't know what to do because I am just testing the jailbreak and a beginner of iphone. Now I can't use my phone totally because it doesn't appear any though I press the power button.

Is there anyone who can help me? I am totally in trouble.

thanks

Try putting it in DFU mode then restore.

Programmes such as tiny umbrella, the redsn0w programme itself and recboot also can take iPhones out of recovery mode.

mie mie said:
I was trying to jailbreak in my iphone 4. I used redsnow 0.9.10b6 and iOS 5.1 firmwares. Just before reboot, I got the error and my phone has been in recovery mode and nothing is appeared over the phone screen. When i connected to pc, it mentioned it is recovery mode and suggested to restore. When I clicked restore, it is in error and can't restore. Then I really don't know what to do because I am just testing the jailbreak and a beginner of iphone. Now I can't use my phone totally because it doesn't appear any though I press the power button.

Is there anyone who can help me? I am totally in trouble.

thanks

Just plug in device, open redsn0w, click the Jailbreak button. Enter DFU.

You did not properly enter DFU the fist time.

After you click jailbreak and enter DFU mode, make sure you "uncheck" install Cydia.

Did he say os 5.1? No jailbreak for that.Open itunes.Press and hold the home button on your phone before you connect it to the pc.While holding the home button connect the phone to the pc.Itunes should pic it up as being in recovery mode.Then restore to 5.1

Semel said:
Did he say os 5.1? No jailbreak for that.Open itunes.Press and hold the home button on your phone before you connect it to the pc.While holding the home button connect the phone to the pc.Itunes should pic it up as being in recovery mode.Then restore to 5.1

Yea there is. For his phone model, there is a tethered jailbreak for 5.1. And it will not restore fomr Recovery mode. He will have to enter DFU mode f he is going I restore.

zig9449 said:
Yea there is. For his phone model, there is a tethered jailbreak for 5.1. And it will not restore fomr Recovery mode. He will have to enter DFU mode f he is going I restore.

Oh, ok.Txs for clearing that up.

I tried many times to enter DFU again and finally I can come out of it. Now my iphone is working on jailbreak. Thanks for helping me out.