What's new

Expensive Paper Weight!

PhoenixRising

Reaction score
I havent been a member here that long-but I'm clocking up more hrs on here than on Face Book!! I brought a 2nd hand iphone4 [to replace my precious 3gs [io5] iphone after the stereo did wicked things to earphone jack & i can't listen to my music on it]
My new paperweight was working fine when i brought it-on 4.3.3 with a gevey card in it..but no matter what i read/did i couldnt get all my data to trans from my precious to the new one [yep i can get the apps on it-but theyre empty..all the details -gone -Oh! ive learnt how to back up etc..] So...i got an idea..maybe its because the new fone was on 4.3.3 while my Precious was on io5? [this was in the days b4 i knew about saving shsh blobs-so i knew i couldnt backdate my Precious!~been here a lot see!] Any way i saved the new fones blobs and updated that to 5-everything all backed up b4 hand should be fine...Error!! The new fone lost the will to live! Bugger-i knew the gevey wouldnt work on io5 but didnt realise the whole fone give up-saying invalid sim and refused to budge..none of this go to settings melarky,turn off aeroplanes etc etc..i should be so lucky! [i can get as far as the dail112 -hang up etc] I took it to a fone shop and the fetous behind the counter smuggly said its locked-its got to go back to USA to its original carrier [bless! Now ive got friggin ET!] Right..time to cash in my shsh blobs and put it back to 4.3.3 -it'll be back to how it was ..hahahahaha [rocking in the corner] 3 days later..my FB friends think i'm dead..and its still refusing to get over the sim card issue! ["Only compatable sim cards from a supported carrier maybe used to activate..pls insert the SIM card that came w yr fone or visit a supported carriers store to recieve a replacement sim card"]..Nows its 5am..and ive lost the will to live! ..think i ought to take my sorry carcass off to bed...at least my Precious still works-maybe i'll play some soothing music..just not thru my earphones..Waaaah!

Wow, that was entertaining! Thanks, and good luck!

Welcome! I know this does not help but so many people buy phones locked to another network to try unlock t, my advise is go factory unlocked if you need to use more then one sim or wait for a new unlock for that firmwares baseband.. now you are on stock 5.0 there is nothing you can do with gevey sim or any software solution