What's new

Question about restoring

ok good :) what was it int he end? just in case some one else has the same problem

Hi, I have a problem!

I tried to restore and update to 4.3.2, but I got the error 1013?, my phone is now stuck with the connect to itunes logo.

I tried again but had the same error, tried restarting my computer, i have downloaded the latest itunes, and have tried to exit recovery with tiny umbrella also, but that isnt seeming to do anything!!..

Help please!!

U will need to modify itunes files in your computer before u can pass by that error notification, i believe that u will be getting that message because u saved your shsh and itunes happen to find it out. If u've saved your shsh into your computer then u will need to modify some itunes files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah no probs, it's good to give something back!!,

I had to do this, (copied and pasted from another site)

Step 1. Start –> Programs –> Accessories
Step 2. Run Notepad or WordPad
Step 3. Click “Open..” from File menu.
Step 4. Browse to Windows/System32/drivers/etc
Step 5. In "files of type:" select all documents
Step 6. Open "hosts"
Step 7. Delete all line that has "gs.apple.com" or something like that
Step 8. Hit Save
Step 9. Restore your device

I followed that and the restore was successful, the only thing was I made a schoolboy error, I used appbackup, but didnt save that to my computer, so i'm gonna have to download a lot of stuff again, it's ok tho, it was just free stuff, and not much of it. Other than that no problem, I got the congrats message, and my mates sim works, so I'm definately unlocked, I'm going to Bangkok tomorrow so that's great news, no more using a crappy cheap handset while i'm there.

Thank's again, and as you say hopefully this will help out some of the less computer literate people like me!, lol

Ok happy man, u are good to go and have a good trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk