What's new

LockScreenInfo on iOS 5

kingnba6

Reaction score
Who has installed lock screen on their idevice running ios 5? do you guys who have lockscreeninfo still use the notifications? i currently still have ios4 on my phone and i use lockscreeninfo as the lock screen and also how notification works in ios5 (drag down). i use my lockscreen a lot and want to know if it will interfere with the native notifications or is their a way i can make notifications works like lockscreeninfo

Thats a good question, we wont know probably until a JB comes out and we are able to DL it from cydia.

jbs06civicsi said:
Thats a good question, we wont know probably until a JB comes out and we are able to DL it from cydia.

I'm pretty sure there is a jailbreak out. Or am I just lost ?

Yes, it has been possible to jailbreak IOS5 since the early beta versions, although it is tethered.

However, lockinfo is not yet officially supported on IOS5.

Last edited:
I'm running iOS 5 jailbroken, and the the lockscreen info doesn't work... yet

there is a beta out for lockinfo and its been running fine on my phone for a week or so now with no issues. Its not in the main cydia repo's you need to add the repo below.

again this is a beta release it may have issues but it has been fine for me.

http://apt.dba-tech.net/beta/

well since the untethered JB is out, i have upgraded my ip4 to 5.0.1. the first thing i installed has lockscreen info. and the integration with notifications is great. it basically takes over the functions of notification center. now you can use both widgets for lock screen info and also notification center which is pretty cool. all the features of notification center still work, like swipe to reply and get actions. with the great features of lock screen info.

the reason i went with lock screen info over notification center is because i need to have it visible in the lock screen. if there was a way to get notification center to show up in the lock screen i would be happy with it. IMO the widgets of notification center are better than those of lockscreen info. mainly because they have several options to them. but i still like the lockscreen info widgets because i can collapse them so i am not taking up so much space. the only widget from notification center i am using right now is the music center pro. on lock screen info i am currently hiding the stock clock replaced it with lock screen weather which adds a clock, weather and also a calendar. i have also disabled popups for notifications so all the notifications now go under notifications. also have the favorites section there too. easy access to call, facetime and message. you are able to pick what program you want to use for messaging. right now i have it set up for SMS+ quick compose.

all in all. to me notification center will not be complete until it is lock screen view able like lockscreen info. so until either a tweak or notification center gets it native, i will stick with lockscreen info.

i might be creating a new thread purely about lock screen info and notification center and how to get the best out of them. i think i have it pretty good.