What's new

Ultimate LockScreenInfo and Notification Center Thread

kingnba6

Reaction score
i am currently running ios 5.0.1 on iphone 4. i have been using lock gadgets since the first iphone. ever since that, the first upgrade i always do is lock screen info. but now with ios 5 coming with a native Notification Center i felt that i would need not need lock screen info, but i was wrong. the main feature of lockscreen which is love is the ability to have the actual lock screen display the lockscreen info, which Notification Center is lacking. if somebody was to come out with a tweak or it became native to Notification Center to appear in the lock screen then i would believe that lockscreeninfo would no longer be needed. for now i have set up lockscreeninfo to replace Notification Center but still uses the features of Notification Center such as the widgets and the actions list.

on lockscreeninfo, i have it set up like this: hide native lock screen clock. installed lockscreen weather which has a clock (looks the same at the native one) weather and also a calendar. and then i have favorites listed under that. those are the only 2 items that always show. the 3rd item that shows is apart of Notification Center and that is music center pro (the only gripe i have with that app is that you can only control ipod and not pandora also it is not collapsible so it is always shown). i have chosen to block pop up notifications; so now they get listed under the Notifications section of lockscreeninfo. i did that because i wanted to have a neat looking screen and not a list of notifications. that also fixed the error of Notification Center pull down tab appearing when you had several notifications. in lockscreeninfo i have chosen it to replace Notification Center at all times.

those are my settings and i bet they arent clear. so if anybody needs help, please feel free to post.

a couple of things i wish were better, are having a better music center widget (i might get rid of it totally) and also making a little widget for a flashlight. that would help a lot.

have you tried springflash for your flashlight? works by double pressing the sleep button.

thanks. for right now i have the powercenter widget and it has a toggle for the flash.

Sorry for the dumb question, but is this from the app store, cause I can't find it.

Oh yeah. Cydia. Obviously. Sorry again.

Last edited:
no such thing as a dumb question. and no it is not from the app store. it is from cydia

kingnba6 said:
no such thing as a dumb question. and no it is not from the app store. it is from cydia

Thanks. Do u know of any way to do this without jail breaking, cause I'm a dev and can't blow my account like so?

no lockscreen info is only from cydia. i also believe that all the add ons for notification center are thru cydia aswell. maybe somebody else can chime in?

Is lockscreen Info the same as lockinfo? Can't find the one you are referring to in Cydia.

Thanks for quick response. Hey, just a little sidetrack, would you happen to know how much Apple charges to replace the black glass on an iPhone 4?

the store itself would cost a lot. you can go buy the part online and just install it yourself. its only 2 screws

Just installed lockinfo so I can have calendar events on lockscreen. Having difficulty setting it up tho. The heading of "calendar" shows up but none my future events are listed. Any ideas?

go to settings, lockinfo, plugins, calendar then scroll down to "Show Calendar Alerts"

Thanks for the quick response but no joy. Thought maybe future events were too far in advance to not show but after setting up a few sample events in the very near future , still no luck. And that's after doing what you suggested.