What's new

Just a quick question regarding JB

Taylorig

Reaction score
Hi all and i'm sorry if this as been covered somewhere within these forums but i couldn't find specific information.

Anyway this is a bit premature but basically i am wondering if i JB my iphone 4 which is currently on with the carrier Orange would it still work with them or it would have to be unlocked? I intend on sticking with Orange for the future due to a new contract.

After this said i won't be doing any JB just yet as the handset come pre-installed with 4.3.5 and i certainly can't be bothered with a tethered JB. I was going to upgrade to IOS 5 as soon as it is released (Just to many cool things coming out on it to wait :D) and then hopefully do a un-tethered JB once/if one is released.

Thank you in advance for any reply and great forums by the way ;)

Last edited:
hi!

when you Jailbreak it does not effect the ability to use the carrier, the only way you would need unlock is if the phone is locked to orange and you want to use it with Vodafone for example. But even then you can just ask Orange to unlock it officially

Thank you for the quick and straight to the point answer has allways Unleased :)

Like i said i will not need the phone unlocking at any point, not just because i will be on with Orange for the next 22 months but they are just my preferred carrier. It's one less thing to worry about when and if it does finally come to JB IOS 5 (Un-tethered of course).

Thanks again and lets hope we see some progess this week over the new IOS and of course for those who are waiting for the iphone 5/4s etc etc...