What's new

Question on iPhone 4 tethering

sfflash

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum (as you can see this is my first post). I'll explain my situation:

I'm planning on buying the iPhone 4G from Verizon and will be paying for the unlimited usage. I want to be able to use the unlimited internet from the iPhone onto my Macbook, PC, and Xbox 360. Thus, which has lead me to the pricey tethering plan from Verizon, which then lead me to jailbreaking. What I want to do is be able to tether usage to my Macbook, because I share the Macbook's connection through a crossover cable, to my Xbox 360. Tethering to my Window's PC would be nice, but I believe I read somewhere you can only jailbreak your iPhone 4G to Mac or PC, thus I would pick Mac.

Therefor, what does the jailbreaking aspect do to your iPhone compared to just leaving your iPhone the same as it is. Can you change back to default formatting if I did jailbreak the iPhone? Can I tether my data from my iPhone to my Macbook, share the connection with my Xbox 360, and play video games? Is there a free app for tethering once jailbroken?

Keep in mind the iPhone is going to be bought from Verizon! (CDMA)
Thank you for reading my questions. Hopefully, some can be answered to my specifications. Thank you again.

Sam

Last edited:
So i've been doing some research, and MyWi seems like the app to tether. Good. Now, I'm just wondering what the best way to jail break your iPhone, because there seems to be many ways. Once jailbroken, can I go back to the way it was?

So i've been doing some research, and MyWi seems like the app to tether. Good. Now, I'm just wondering what the best way to jail break your iPhone, because there seems to be many ways. Once jailbroken, can I go back to the way it was?

You will see most of the information you need about jailbreaking in the hacking section on the forum. And yes, after jailbreaking you will be able to revert back to a non jailbreak by just restoring the iOS via iTunes on your computer.