What's new

Tethered jailbreak question

CliffyDontCare

Reaction score
Hi all, I have an apple developers account and Im considering jailbreaking my iPhone 4 with an tethered jailbreak. However the question that comes to mind is what happens when the battery dies? Would I be able to charge normally or would I have to perform a tethered boot just to charge it . Any responses are greatly appreciated

You can charge it normally and the phone will turn back on. However, you'll need to perform the "Just Boot" to regain full functionality of your JB iDevice.

There is a semi-tethered add-on from Cydia. You'll be able to boot and use your phone, but it'll be like running in safe mode. Very limited.

There is a semi-tethered add-on from Cydia. You'll be able to boot and use your phone, but it'll be like running in safe mode. Very limited.
Yes, forgot to add the Semi-tether option. Has it been updated to support iOS 6.0 & 6.0.1?

I'm super new to the IPhone but not new to phone "hacking" every android device i have owned has been rooted and have ran custom roms.

Is the latest version of redsn0w a semi-tethers jailbreak? From the videos I've watched posted on various sites it seems like it is.

What is the app in cydia that allows you to make a tethered JB a semi-tethered one?

Whether or not you can jailbreak a certain iPhone depends on your iPhone. You can check here Can I Jailbreak My iPhone? to see if your device is jailbreakable using what at which iOS. And I think so Justin. I'll have to ask a friend to borrow his 4 to double check.