What's new

Jailbreak help

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintdawson

Reaction score
If I jailbreak my iPhone and it's shuts off cause I'm on a tethered jailbreak would I be able to restore in sted of doing a just boot like cause I want to jailbreak my iPhone and if it shuts of I would rather restore then just boot is that possiable to do that

saintdawson said:
If I jailbreak my iPhone and it's shuts off cause I'm on a tethered jailbreak would I be able to restore in sted of doing a just boot like cause I want to jailbreak my iPhone and if it shuts of I would rather restore then just boot is that possiable to do that

That makes no sense....if you would rather restore then boot tethered,,....the. Why would you jailbreak at all.

It is far more easier to just plug in your phone, enter DFU, then click the "Just boot" button in redsn0w.

To answer your question, yea, you can restore instead of just booting tethered, but you will lose the jailbreak, and you will have to enter DFU mode to restore also.

It takes 1 minute to boot tethered, and 10 minutes to restore your phone.

And if you must reboot your phone away from a computer with redsn0w then your phone will still work fine....you can make calls, text, surf the web, etc.

The only things that do not work when you reboot w/o booting tethered are Cydia, anything from Cydia, and Safari. But you can use any web browser from the AppStore. I recommend Atomic Web Browser, Google Search, or Yandix Opera Mini.

Alternatively you can add this repo to Cydia:
thebigboss.org/semitether/

Install the SemiTether package from that repo, and it can patch Safari so it works in the none-jailbroken state.

The package also can monitor reapply the semitether so you know you an safely reboot. Always open the SemiTether app before rebooting to make sure it is safe. But you don't have to do this if you are going to boot tethered.

I mean, why would you want to restore on very reboot, lose everything, jailbreak again, install your tweaks, then do that all over again every time you reboot. That makes no sense.

You either want a jailbroken iPhone or you don't. If you do not want the jailbreak, then restore your phone and be done with it.

If you want your jailbreak, then take the 1 minute it takes and enter DFU then click the "Just boot" button.

Ok so your saying I can restore instead of just boot it but it will just take longer and I'll lose my jailbreak????

saintdawson said:
Ok so your saying I can restore instead of just boot it but it will just take longer and I'll lose my jailbreak????

Yes. That is what restoring is.....restoring everything back to default settings.

Not only will you lose the jailbreak...but you will lose EVERYTHING. music, apps, videos......literally "everything" will be gone, except for whatever you toggled on in Settings> iCloud. Those will stay even after a restore.

Thanks for your help and if I jailbreak on a Mac can I still just boot on a windows

saintdawson said:
Thanks for your help and if I jailbreak on a Mac can I still just boot on a windows

Yes. As long as you use the latest version of redsn0w.

What's the latest reds now for 5.1 windows???

saintdawson said:
That's for windows right

That is the Windows version. You said Windows, so that is what I gave you.

Status
Not open for further replies.