What's new

Jailbreaking help

saintdawson

Reaction score
I'm jailbreaking my iPhone 4 as A semi tether and if I shut my phone off can I use any computer to just boot my device or will I need the same computer that I jailbroke my device with

Ok thanks and what does it mean when people say tethered is more stable then untethered

Ok thanks and what does it mean when people say tethered is more stable then untethered

It means exactly what is implied. A tethered jailbreak is more stable then an untethered jailbreak.

My theory on why, is because a tethered jailbreak needs redsn0w to activate the jailbreak daemons, which is being done through external means. An untethered jailbreak activates the daemons on its own, requiring the phone to use more processes. Like i said...........Just a theory.

I have been jailbreaking for years, so i can confirm that tethered jailbreaks are more stable....at least when all the appropriate tools are updated to work on it...Which they always are......I know they are for 5.1 any way.

Don't get me wrong. untethered jailbreaks are very stable...........Just tethered jailbreaks are *slightly* more stable.

Ok what's the worst thing that can happen when I jailbreak

saintdawson said:
Ok what's the worst thing that can happen when I jailbreak

The worst thing that could happens is you installing something from Cydia that is not compatible with your device or is conflicting with another tweak.

Always check compatibility with your device model and iOS version. You cannot not install anything from Cydia. Some packages are not updated for iOS 5 and are are device specific.

As long as you check compatibility with every tweak you may want to install then you should be good to go, and have no problems.

The more you install, the slower your device will become....but it can hold a lot of tweaks before your device slows down significantly.

I have over 55 tweaks installed, and over 100 extensions from Cydia...and my phone is fine.

It's when you start experimenting with different things when you have the potential to mess up your device....but no matter what....a restore alway fixes problems.

Before installing anything, check to see that it is in fact iOS 5 compatible and that it will work on whatever device you have. As long as you do that, you should be jus fine. ;)