What's new

Ivy wants to jailbreak her iphone 5

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well i never thought i would want to but i saw a friends JB'd iphone 5 a few days ago and it was brilliant,i now want to JB mine,i know i have to wait now as i updated my phone but i'm so up for it now,i will want lots of help when the time comes so i'm sure i can count on you all :)

Stalk Leigh or Thomas's "Latest Thread" for pictographic jailbreaking guides :p

Generally, it's a very simple process since iOS 5 since it's just "Click this button once" then "Tap this icon once" and boom. Takes 5 minutes tops (only if your computer is slow), and 2 physical interactions.

Since you saw* your friend jailbreak his iPhone, you know just how easy it was lol. Absinthe was identical.

Last edited:
Stalk Leigh or Thomas's "Latest Thread" for pictographic jailbreaking guides :p

Generally, it's a very simple process since iOS 5 since it's just "Click this button once" then "Tap this icon once" and boom. Takes 5 minutes tops (only if your computer is slow), and 2 physical interactions.

Since you jailbroke your friend's iPhone, you know just how easy it was lol. Absinthe was identical.
i didn't JB my friend's phone,he did it,he said it was very easy though,he loves it.......didn't see him do it but he hadn't done it before and he said it was a doddle.

Last edited:
You've been missing out on a lot! Lol.

I honestly won't run a stock iPhone. I always wait for a jailbreak before I upgrade. I honestly left my iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 until the evaders released their jailbreak.

Maybe that's why I chose to use my iPhone 4 vs my iPhone 5 back then...

Once you cross the line, there's no turning back... Trust me lol. Once you get that specific tweak/app that you use all the time, once you go back to stock, you'll be frustrated as hell when you go "oh right, it's not jailbroken.... HNGGHH"

he was showing me the apps he had from Cydia and his theme ect,if i had seen a JB'd iphone before i would have done it,one question though,i have Apple care,if i have a problem i can't sort myself and have to ring Apple is it going to make any difference that i'm JB'd if say i have to restore or something.

Once you cross the line, there's no turning back... Trust me lol. Once you get that specific tweak/app that you use all the time, once you go back to stock, you'll be frustrated as hell when you go "oh right, it's not jailbroken.... HNGGHH"

He ain't kidding either! Lol.

I went from iOS 4.2.8 to iOS 5.0 immediately and was happy with the new features for an hour... Until I swiped on the status bar only to realize SBSettings wasn't there...
That was a real painful wait... ._."!

he was showing me the apps he had from Cydia and his theme ect,if i had seen a JB'd iphone before i would have done it,one question though,i have Apple care,if i have a problem i can't sort myself and have to ring Apple is it going to make any difference that i'm JB'd if say i have to restore or something.

You will have to un-jailbreak your iPhone if your taking it to an Apple Store, but as far as phone support, you'll be good to go. :)

I've never had a single issue restoring my iPhone after its been jailbroken. Although, I always do a DFU restore and don't use iTunes or iCloud backups. I manually add all of my data on my iPhones after a fresh restore..
Just something I prefer to do. :)

9 out of 10 reps (at least in NYC) are completely cool with jailbroken devices. Heck half of them have jailbroken their devices themselves. When I went and got my 4S replaced because the power button jammed suddenly, the rep that was taking my appointment saw the theme and just even asked what theme it was and how he got it since he can't find one like it in Cydia. (Boss iOS) I gave him the ThemeIT repo and he bought it on the spot lol.

But in other cases, simply restore your device to a clean iOS and they'll take it back. They really can't pin you for jailbreaking your device when it's a clean iOS installed on it. Restoring (especially on A5+) is a faux pas since it'll remove the jailbreak and such, which is why it's more practical to troubleshoot the problem and restore as a last resort rather than to restore first, ask questions later (unless you're pre-A5). Then again, if you have a problem or question, that's what the forum's for :p

Jailbreaking will spoil you big time.... You have been warned! :)

Jailbreak QA is also a good resource for FAQs.

ok thanks,i kind of fancied doing it on and off but chickened out,after seeing my friends phone though i was sold,he's no techy but he had no problems.

You will have to un-jailbreak your iPhone if your taking it to an Apple Store, but as far as phone support, you'll be good to go. :)

I've never had a single issue restoring my iPhone after its been jailbroken. Although, I always do a DFU restore and don't use iTunes or iCloud backups. I manually add all of my data on my iPhones after a fresh restore..
Just something I prefer to do. :)
ok,i wonder now if i even need the Apple care.

I think i will Mike,now having seen a JB'd phone i can see the attraction.