What's new

jailbreaking iphone 5

adelejjeh

Reaction score
Hello All

I got my iphone 5 one week ago. I accidentally updated it to 6.1.3 before checking if there is a jailbreak for it or not, so after doing so I realised that there is not jailbreak for 6.1.3. I have been an iphone user for a long time, and i am familiar to jailbreaking, however I never faced the need to downgrade, so I'm not sure what's the right process for that. Is there a way for me to downgrade to 6.1.2 or something in order to jailbreak my iphone? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Hello All

I got my iphone 5 one week ago. I accidentally updated it to 6.1.3 before checking if there is a jailbreak for it or not, so after doing so I realised that there is not jailbreak for 6.1.3. I have been an iphone user for a long time, and i am familiar to jailbreaking, however I never faced the need to downgrade, so I'm not sure what's the right process for that. Is there a way for me to downgrade to 6.1.2 or something in order to jailbreak my iphone? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

I'm afraid that you're stuck on iOS 6.1.3. There is no way to downgrade to any earlier iOS version. All you can do is wait until the next jailbreak is released, probably sometime after the release of iOS 7.

I'm afraid that you're stuck on iOS 6.1.3. There is no way to downgrade to any earlier iOS version. All you can do is wait until the next jailbreak is released, probably sometime after the release of iOS 7.

What about a tethered jailbreak with redsnow or something?

For A5 devices, devs won't create tethered jailbreaks for them as it's a waste of exploits. Untethered jailbreaks are more practical when it comes to A5+ devices since the exploits are hard to come by since there isn't a LimeRa1n-like exploit that's available for pre-A5 devices that can be taken advantage of for tethered jailbreaks regardless of iOS releases. The only exception to this is the 3GS on the old bootrom which will ALWAYS have an untethered jailbreak, at least until it phases out.