What's new

want to jailbreak

Poisen Dart Frog

Reaction score
I am new to the ipnone4, and have a few ?'s about jailbreak. Iam running 4.3 with 4.10.01 baseband. What works to jailbreak this? Is it tethered or untethered. Can I restore back to default if needed(so apple doesn't know). How do I or should I downgrade to 4.2.1 first. Any info you give is needed. will this give me multitouch gesture?
Now i would wait for the 4.3 untethered jailbreak to release from S.E., but I am on a trial for 30 days to see what I think of the iphone so I need to see what it is capable of doing before time is up.
My previous handset was a rooted and romed android that had a whole lot of custimization features. Love this device, but have always been curious about iphone. I have also been all over the web to look for info and watched many videos, so please don't tell me to do that. What i need is solid info. Awaiting your knowledge.

Last edited:
The 4.3 JB is only in beta at the moment. I would suggest you wait until it goes final before you JB your phone, especially if you are new to JB.

You can always restore back to default if needed and apple will not know. You do this via iTunes Restore.

You can only downgrade to 4.2.1 IF you have backed up your SHSH blobs when you were running 4.2.1. If you didn't do this, then you are unable to downgrade.

The 4.3 betas have been coming out frequently, I think they are up to beta4 at the moment, so the final shouldn't be too far away, however there is no release date for these things.

Good luck. Stick with it! :)

I want to jail break my itouch 4th gen thats 4.2.1. Should I do it with greenpoision or redsnow. WHich one is better and why

I am new to the ipnone4, and have a few ?'s about jailbreak. Iam running 4.3 with 4.10.01 baseband. What works to jailbreak this? Is it tethered or untethered. Can I restore back to default if needed(so apple doesn't know). How do I or should I downgrade to 4.2.1 first. Any info you give is needed. will this give me multitouch gesture?
Now i would wait for the 4.3 untethered jailbreak to release from S.E., but I am on a trial for 30 days to see what I think of the iphone so I need to see what it is capable of doing before time is up.
My previous handset was a rooted and romed android that had a whole lot of custimization features. Love this device, but have always been curious about iphone. I have also been all over the web to look for info and watched many videos, so please don't tell me to do that. What i need is solid info. Awaiting your knowledge.

Please see the link below on how to downgrade your phone. As craigfoot said you need to have the relevant SHSH's backed up to be able to do so. If your phone came with 4.3 on it you can't go back.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-hacking-17/how-do-downgrade-your-iphone-4-3-a-9736/

I want to jail break my itouch 4th gen thats 4.2.1. Should I do it with greenpoision or redsnow. WHich one is better and why

Use greenpoision. It's untethered and is the latest jailbreak...