What's new

I want to re-jailbreak my iphone.

Shackleford96

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4 factory unlocked and tethered jailbroke on 5.1.1 using redsn0w, but I want to do an untethered jailbreak using absinthe or something.

From what I've gathered so far, I will need to backup my phone on itunes, restore to factory, re-jailbreak, then restore from the backup. Is this correct? If not, what else do I need to do, and what are some things I should be considerate of?

Also, I don't want to lose any of my current jailbreak apps or anything like that. Do I need to back up and restore those as well, and if so, what are some good procedures for doing this?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to your responses :)

It's easier then that....load Cydia and install "Rocky Racoon 5.1.1" for an Untethered jailbreak...

My preference is Redsn0w

Also look on iclarified.com for tutorials.

It's easier then that....load Cydia and install "Rocky Racoon 5.1.1" for an Untethered jailbreak...
+1... no need to go through all the JB stuff again. Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 from Cydia will Untether your Jailbreak.

Thanks guys. I downloaded it. We'll have to see how it goes once I reboot my phone again.

good idea, It's easier then that....load Cydia and install "Rocky Racoon 5.1.1" for an Untethered jailbreak,thank you
2.gif