What's new

Is this battery life considered good ? Picture attachef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so 612 is the new version just released ?

Jip. It was released yesterday. OTA update was on my 4s only 11.8 mb. It looks like the iPhone 5 is about 12 mb OTA. It took just a few minutes. Fixing a bug regarding ms exchange loop and battery drain. I don't have exchange, but my battery life surely improved a lot. Will see tomorrow. I'm holding thumbs. But it seems my 4s is now on good battery life. My ipad is still on 6.1. Waiting anxiously for the update on it.

Is this a joke LoL it said it fixes blah blah and reduced battery. Meaning it is supposed to help the poor battery life LoL

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB
<3 Jailbroken w/ envisi0n <3

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

All the words after the first word "fixes" is related to the bug and the fact that the bug reduce battery life...not the fix. I think the person writing that put it in a way that it's not understood as meant. And my mother tongue is not even english....lol

All the words after the first word "fixes" is related to the bug and the fact that the bug reduce battery life...not the fix. I think the person writing that put it in a way that it's not understood as meant. And my mother tongue is not even english....lol

Very good point Angeliq

Maybe what they mean is fixes the problem that ( increased network acitivity AND reduced battery life )

&#128077;&#128540;&#128077;&#128540;&#128077;&#128077;&#128079;&#128079;&#128079;&#128079;&#128079;&#128079;

So ur saying 6.1.2 is legit

I havent tested it yet

I will update my ios tonight and will give an update tomorrow

Currently i an on 61 which is not bad by the way

See my previous screen shots in this thread

Both i5User and Thomas are right in the discussion on Wifi on/off's affect on battery life. The difference is in whether you have "Ask to Join Networks" on or off. When it is on it is constantly scanning and that drains battery. But when the ASk To Join button is off - even if Wifi is still on, Thomas, is correct; there is no drain. Apple's tech specs are clear on that point (unless something changed with iOS6 or iP5).

And my own personal tests have proven it out as well. I can detect marked battery drain when the Ask To Join button is on in Wifi. No extra battery drain when it's set to off even when Wifi button is on. Another way you can personally verify this with conclusive empirical evidence is to download Apple's "Battery Dr" and watch what process are actively draining battery and which aren't. That will prove that WiFi on/off, when Ask To Join Networks is off, has little to no effect on battery drain. When we test - we need the right tools. :D

Last edited:
Very good point Angeliq

Maybe what they mean is fixes the problem that ( increased network acitivity AND reduced battery life )

&#128077;&#128540;&#128077;&#128540;&#128077;&#128077;&#128079;&#128079;&#128079;&#128079;&#128079;&#128079;

No, it's saying it fixes the exchange bug that causes excess network activity and that the excess network activity could lead to increased battery consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's saying it fixes the exchange bug that causes excess network activity and that the excess network activity could lead to increased battery consumption.
Exactly! The Exchange Calendar bug fix has made a world of diff'rence for me!

Both i5User and Thomas are right in the discussion on Wifi on/off's affect on battery life. The difference is in whether you have "Ask to Join Networks" on or off. When it is on it is constantly scanning and that drains battery. But when the ASk To Join button is off - even if Wifi is still on, Thomas, is correct; there is no drain. Apple's tech specs are clear on that point (unless something changed with iOS6 or iP5).

And my own personal tests have proven it out as well. I can detect marked battery drain when the Ask To Join button is on in Wifi. No extra battery drain when it's set to off even when Wifi button is on. Another way you can personally verify this with conclusive empirical evidence is to download Apple's "Battery Dr" and watch what process are actively draining battery and which aren't. That will prove that WiFi on/off, when Ask To Join Networks is off, has little to no effect on battery drain. When we test - we need the right tools. :D

I didn't know this and immediately check my 4s. My ask to join switch is off. Your discussion makes sense...thanks.

Make sure your location services is off when your not using it and the raise to speak is off that too will increase battery if you know where you are going all the time there is no need to have location service on

Even when ask to join network is off, as long as wifi is on, it still scans for "known" networks which impacts the battery life negatively

Status
Not open for further replies.