What's new

Is this battery life considered good ? Picture attachef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when ask to join network is off, as long as wifi is on, it still scans for "known" networks which impacts the battery life negatively

As 2 other people have stated in this thread, when wifi is on and ask to join is off, the phone disconnects from wifi networks after 60 seconds of being locked and only scans for a split second for wifi once its unlocked. This is noted by Apple also. It's been that way forever now. If your device is draining battery, then you should do a full restore with no backup. If the problem persists, take it to Apple.

As 2 other people have stated in this thread, when wifi is on and ask to join is off, the phone disconnects from wifi networks after 60 seconds of being locked and only scans for a split second for wifi once its unlocked. This is noted by Apple also. It's been that way forever now. If your device is draining battery, then you should do a full restore with no backup. If the problem persists, take it to Apple.
And to think, I almost had myself committed yesterday... thinking I'd gone crazy! :)

And to think, I almost had myself committed yesterday... thinking I'd gone crazy! :)

Your not crazy. Lol!

While he may have truly believed wifi being toggled on put a "hurting" on the battery, it's simply not true and I hope he can get his problem resolved so he can enjoy leaving his wifi on. :)

Your not crazy. Lol!

While he may have truly believed wifi being toggled on put a "hurting" on the battery, it's simply not true and I hope he can get his problem resolved so he can enjoy leaving his wifi on. :)
Didn't Skull One run a thorough test on this... and rule that the difference, in a 24hr period of time, between having Wifi on or off only attributed to 1% more battery usage?!?

Your not crazy. Lol!

Is it ok to toggle 3G off? Will I save a lot of battery? I'm using 4s..

Didn't Skull One run a thorough test on this... and rule that the difference, in a 24hr period of time, between having Wifi on or off only attributed to 1% more battery usage?!?

Sure did. I do believe the information is located in his mythbuster thread. :) it's loaded with plenty of information and actual proof.
I'm glad he invested his time for all of us. :)

Only if your in a area with severely poor 3G coverage, otherwise, I'd leave it on. It won't impact your battery severely unless your in a poorly covered area and what's a smartphone without data? :)

But when I run battery doctor apps, it suggest to switch Wifi to increase battery life for mor than an hour !!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Attachments

• $image-3585349066.jpg
    $image-3585349066.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 349

Not true

It scans for wifi all the time

Not only when its unlocked

You can test this for yourself

I have explained the details of the test earlier in this thread

One thing for sure is wifi drains your battery

So i only turn it on when i am at home

The rest of time i am on LTE and wifi is off

Really good battery performance by the way

But when I run battery doctor apps, it suggest to switch Wifi to increase battery life for mor than an hour !!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Battery doctor is right

Do it

Not true

It scans for wifi all the time

Not only when its unlocked

You can test this for yourself

I have explained the details of the test earlier in this thread

Yes, but your the only person to come onto this forum and claim this. I have tested this myself, a long with other developers, IT people, Apple, other tech sites, and one of our own IT professionals has tested this himself and put the tests conclusions on this forum for everyone to see.

That's why we're saying your iDevice isn't exhibiting normal iOS behavior and it needs to be corrected by a method I've previously mentioned.

One thing for sure is wifi drains your battery
This is untrue, i5. And you need to stop making claims that others can't corroborate. The burden of proof is upon you, my friend. Not sure how with screen shots you could prove it - but I assure you - what you are speaking of is a myth, my friend. Many of us can disprove it. :D.

I've acknowledged that when Ask to Join is on there's greater battery drain because I tested it and lost about 1 hour of battery life. This is what Battery Dr is talking about - because the default setting for Ask to Join is ON when the phone is restored. At least it used to be.

This is untrue, i5. And you need to stop making claims that others can't corroborate. The burden of proof is upon you, my friend. Not sure how with screen shots you could prove it - but I assure you - what you are speaking of is a myth, my friend. Many of us can disprove it. :D.

I've acknowledged that when Ask to Join is on there's greater battery drain because I tested it and lost about 1 hour of battery life. This is what Battery Dr is talking about - because the default setting for Ask to Join is ON when the phone is restored. At least it used to be.

This nature of iOS is still true to today. Your 100% correct aox. :)

You can run the same test with different devices and results is still the same

Your claim that wifi has minimal effect on battery life is simlpy not true

Status
Not open for further replies.