What's new

Is this battery life considered good ? Picture attachef

Status
Not open for further replies.

i5user

Reaction score
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361331697.916732.jpg

4hrs Usage & almost 12hrs Standby on 44% battery usage... I'd say that's pretty darn good!

What type of activity would you attibute this 44% to? Gaming, YouTube, internet browsing.... all LTE? Some Wifi, 4G or 3G?

Thats what i figured too

I turned the wifi off and that made a big difference

All LTE

I LISTEN To music eith earbud

Talked on the phone

Surfed the web

Lots of facebooking

No youtubing no video

And played card games

Screen brightness about 65 %

Bright enough 😺

So turning wifi off saves battery even if the phones not connected to a wifi network?.

True

Because when wifi is on, phone constantly LOOKS for wifi connection and that kills the battery very badly

Unforunately no... it's a commonly exaggerated myth that turning off Wifi when not in use conserves battery life.

It aint no myth

I have experienced it firsthand.

True

Because when wifi is on, phone constantly LOOKS for wifi connection and that kills the battery very badly

i thought it only looks for network when you press on wifi it automatically searches

i thought it only looks for network when you press on wifi it automatically searches

What do u mean press on wifi ?

In settings, If wifi is on , it will be either connected to a wifi network or it constantly searches for one

If wifi is off, it does neither of these two

An iDevice does not constantly look for Wifi. It only looks for a Wifi connection when you first "slide to unlock." Which is a very brief, brief period of time. While you may be experiencing good battery life by practicing this... it's more often than not, attributed to a combination of good practices in battery conservation.

An iDevice does not constantly look for Wifi. It only looks for a Wifi connection when you first "slide to unlock." Which is a very brief, brief period of time. While you may be experiencing good battery life by practicing this... it's more often than not, attributed to a combination of good practices in battery conservation.

False

I ran a little experiment to test this

I turned off my wifi on modem and refreshed the phone so it was running on LTE

then i played with my phone so it wouldnt lock itself

As soon as i turned the modem on, guess what LTE changed to wifi which shows phone constantly looks for wifi not only when it is slided to unlock

😄😄😄

Status
Not open for further replies.