What's new

Is this battery life considered good ? Picture attachef

Status
Not open for further replies.
False

I ran a little experiment to test this

I turned off my wifi on modem and refreshed the phone so it was running on LTE

then i played with my phone so it wouldnt lock itself

As soon as i turned the modem on, guess what LTE changed to wifi which shows phone constantly looks for wifi not only when it is slided to unlock
Looks like you have a magical iPhone then... because this is not the way it's designed to work.

But thank you for conducting your own test.

Nope

Its a standard iphone 5 with verizon 32 GB

it may be magical in terms of battery life though

Oh and no problems

You are very welcome; i like playing around with phones, computers and tech stuff 🚄🚁

Here is another proof of how wifi drains the battery

I came home in the evening and turned on my wifi around 8 pm.

No charge since early morning

Even though it is still going strong, compare the usage rate with wifi off/on

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361344399.547153.jpg

I do have iPhone 4s, and downloaded the ios6.1.2 last night. Charged my phone after that. Touch wood, but at this stage, normal use by myself as always, my battery is at 63% with 4hrs 40min usage and 12hrs 57min standby....before that (I am monitoring this) my average use (wifi and 3G always on) was 12% to 13% per hour. It sure looks like ios6.1.2 has done positive on battery life. About 8% per hour as stated above? But, as I've said, touch wood and hold thumbs!!! If there's a major difference I will sure report it here...

How do you know it is 6.1.2 ?

Mine only says 6.1

How to upgrade ?

I do have iPhone 4s, and downloaded the ios6.1.2 last night. Charged my phone after that. Touch wood, but at this stage, normal use by myself as always, my battery is at 63% with 4hrs 40min usage and 12hrs 57min standby....before that (I am monitoring this) my average use (wifi and 3G always on) was 12% to 13% per hour. It sure looks like ios6.1.2 has done positive on battery life. About 8% per hour as stated above? But, as I've said, touch wood and hold thumbs!!! If there's a major difference I will sure report it here...

My 4s now on 18% left (I'm gonna charge now) and 9 hrs and 30 min usage and standby time 20 hrs and 55min. Wifi and 3G are on the whole time. This is after I upgraded to 6.1.2 last night. Before that my avg was 12% to 13% per hour. I'm so excited about this!

Oh so 612 is the new version just released ?

My 4s now on 18% left (I'm gonna charge now) and 9 hrs and 30 min usage and standby time 20 hrs and 55min. Wifi and 3G are on the whole time. This is after I upgraded to 6.1.2 last night. Before that my avg was 12% to 13% per hour. I'm so excited about this!

Weird

Apple says new version reduces battery life $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361387911.282537.jpg

Weird

Apple says new version reduces battery life View attachment 11346

Is this a joke LoL it said it fixes blah blah and reduced battery. Meaning it is supposed to help the poor battery life LoL

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB
<3 Jailbroken w/ envisi0n <3

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Increased network activity and reduced battery life

They fix up one thing and f up another

Are you guys on any social networks While doing these battery testing because I know when I'm on tapatalk, Facebook, twitter , Instagram my battery with drain dramatically

I check facebook VERY frequently

I am on tapatalk as soon as alert pops up

I do linked in, websurfaing, gaming , ....

Also push notifications are on for email and some other apps

Status
Not open for further replies.