What's new

Iphone 5 battery life

Icom102

Reaction score
What kind of battery life are you guys getting out of your iPhone 5's I'm thinking of getting one but have here that it's worse than the 4

What kind of battery life are you guys getting out of your iPhone 5's I'm thinking of getting one but have here that it's worse than the 4
My wife got iPhone 5 and I got iPhone 4s. She average about 13% usage per hour with wifi, notifications, locations, push notifications and face-book always on. I manage same without face-book. At least 7 hours usage. My son got galaxy s4 and his usage is worse. Hope this will help.

Around what is advertised. Remember that there are many other factors that come into play as well, so if you're getting slightly less than the advertised 8 on data/10 on Wifi, meaning something like 6.5/9 or so, then your battery is fine. It'd also be better to limit some of the other innate features as well, such as Location System Services, data fetching and pushing, etc as they do put a damper on your battery if you're battery conscious.

Light to mid use I get a day and 12 hours that with wifi on Bluetooth on location services on Facebook notifications everything but with heavy use with everything on 8 to almost a day which is good

I notice when Bluetooth is left on my battery is dead within 5-6hours

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Mines is on when I'm in my car for my 45 min drives to work using pandora or calling it doesn't seem like its takes much to me when was the last time you restore as new

iPhoneMommy

Maybe the new toggles on ios7 will make control easier for Bluetooth and other things. What I've experienced is exactly what Jrome is saying - 8 hours to a day.... in office I put my phone on the laptop cable and it charges it up enough. My 4s is now two years old, and nothing negative. My wife easily goes through 2 days with iPhone 5. I would say that the battery life should not be the purchasing point - ALL phones are using battery, and comparison is only one hour or so both ways.... rather enjoy the phone and charge at night - then you start the new day with a full battery. Only thing that will prevent you from going through the day, is extensive use, and in a normal job you can't be that long on the phone or busy with your phone. Otherwise I would fire the people working for me....