What's new

Is the Iphone 5 uncool now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had an Apple device since the first Iphone 4 on Verizon. Before that I had the Motorola Droid. That switch was a major upgrade. The issue that I have now is, I'm wanting something a little bigger. The problem that I'm having in making my decision is that most everyone in our family is now an Iphone user and we all have Icloud accounts where we can sync and share are calendars. This has been a big help in keeping everything organized in our day to day activities. I haven't found anything that makes me feel comfortable with being able to share calendars acros OS platforms. There are a few apps out there that say this will work bringing in icoud calendars, but I'm unsure about that.

If anyone who has switched back to Android has any experience with this, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I've had an Apple device since the first Iphone 4 on Verizon. Before that I had the Motorola Droid. That switch was a major upgrade. The issue that I have now is, I'm wanting something a little bigger. The problem that I'm having in making my decision is that most everyone in our family is now an Iphone user and we all have Icloud accounts where we can sync and share are calendars. This has been a big help in keeping everything organized in our day to day activities. I haven't found anything that makes me feel comfortable with being able to share calendars acros OS platforms. There are a few apps out there that say this will work bringing in icoud calendars, but I'm unsure about that.

If anyone who has switched back to Android has any experience with this, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Here's a great article that explains Google Drive. It's what your looking for.

http://www.gizmag.com/google-drive/22388/

Yeah my whole immediate and extended family have iPhones. Very convenient to have FaceTime. I am looking forward to a bigger iPhone. I hope. But I plan on sticking with it. In an above comment. We have definitely invested into the apps. It'd be too hard to switch now. Before kids it would have been easier. Darn kids. LoL

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

i intend to stick with iphone for now and the foreseeable future,i too have far too much money invested to even think about changing,not just apps but accessories and Applecare too,i won't rule out changing back to Android one day,never say never,but right now iphone suits me,imessage alone saves me a ton of money when my son is in a chatty mood or has problems only mum can sort out.

i intend to stick with iphone for now and the foreseeable future,i too have far too much money invested to even think about changing,not just apps but accessories and Applecare too,i won't rule out changing back to Android one day,never say never,but right now iphone suits me,imessage alone saves me a ton of money when my son is in a chatty mood or has problems only mum can sort out.

That pretty well sums it up for me. My iPhone 4 has performed flawlessly for over 2 years, and has led me to the iPad and the MacBookPro. iOS might be getting a bit long in the tooth, but taking the various devices as elements in a system, it's pretty difficult to see how one of them can be replaced, no matter how good the individual piece of hardware is that competes with it.

Apple may not have the best hardware, or the best OS, or actually the best of any particular feature, but the experience is the best by far. The whole is definitely greater than the sum of the parts.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

That pretty well sums it up for me. My iPhone 4 has performed flawlessly for over 2 years, and has led me to the iPad and the MacBookPro. iOS might be getting a bit long in the tooth, but taking the various devices as elements in a system, it's pretty difficult to see how one of them can be replaced, no matter how good the individual piece of hardware is that competes with it.

Apple may not have the best hardware, or the best OS, or actually the best of any particular feature, but the experience is the best by far. The whole is definitely greater than the sum of the parts.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net
well put Kevin.

It's matter of preference for one to choose an iPhone 5 or an android phone ( in general). I personally prefer IOS. I don't care much about customization. I came back to iPhone 5 after 3 months using Galaxy s3 for 2 main reasons: Apple's ecosystem and stability.

I am brand new to the iphone 5, having owned many blackberry's. My wife has the galaxy s3, which i have played with quite a bit, and I must say is an amazing phone, as is the the new s4. I prefer multitasking on android. I like the fact that a list of all running apps is just a short click away. I like the openness of the android software, the fact that there are way more free apps. The android browser is also superior to safari. I miss seeing text reformat itself on the screen to reach a readable size. When I double click text on the iPhone, it centers and zooms, but more often than not it is still too small to read. It does not add carriage returns to zoom the text to a very readable size.

I jail broke my iPhone after owning it for about an hour. Even with the jailbreak, I find the os to be pretty boring, and the keyboard is killing me. I am looking forward to an os refresh coming in a few months, and am hoping they really bring something new to the table. I wish the company I work for would have provided the galaxy as an option.

I am brand new to the iphone 5, having owned many blackberry's. My wife has the galaxy s3, which i have played with quite a bit, and I must say is an amazing phone, as is the the new s4. I prefer multitasking on android. I like the fact that a list of all running apps is just a short click away. I like the openness of the android software, the fact that there are way more free apps. The android browser is also superior to safari. I miss seeing text reformat itself on the screen to reach a readable size. When I double click text on the iPhone, it centers and zooms, but more often than not it is still too small to read. It does not add carriage returns to zoom the text to a very readable size.

I jail broke my iPhone after owning it for about an hour. Even with the jailbreak, I find the os to be pretty boring, and the keyboard is killing me. I am looking forward to an os refresh coming in a few months, and am hoping they really bring something new to the table. I wish the company I work for would have provided the galaxy as an option.

Have you tried the reader facility on Safari? It makes reading text so crisp and clear.

I'm sure man. I've been with iOS too long and I've test driven a decent bit of Android devices. I wasn't too big of a fan with Android 2.2 or 2.3, but I've gotta say, Google has outdone themselves with Jelly Bean. The OS is smooth and seems a lot more stable. Plus, the OS is customizable outta the box. No more waiting for exploits to change a theme or get basic settings widgets/toggles.

I can understand that. I guess with the OS is to each their own.

I have not tried the reader facility. Is that like offline browsing, or is it something different?

It's at the top in the browser bar. You click on it to activate it and it turns purple.

Attachments

• $image-968074384.jpg
    $image-968074384.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 439
  • $image-2628366253.jpg
    $image-2628366253.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 480
In all honesty I'm board to death with my iPhone 5 after previously having the 4 then the 4S. It all just feels the same.

Will probably end up selling it and jumping over to Android for the GS4 or the HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.