What's new

Help with iphone 5

babybarber

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm hoping some of you can help me.
Il start off with that I have just got my iPhone 5 and given my 3GS to my girlfriend. With this weare using the the same iTunes. When I set up my 5 I accidentally didn't uncheck her number when asked what devices to be linked with. Now we arebothgetting messages that are meantfortheotherwhenpeople are sending over iMessage.
Basically how cani change thissothatour phones arnt linked to each other whilst we are using the same iTunes

Thanks for your help in advance

babybarber said:
Hi everyone, I'm hoping some of you can help me.
Il start off with that I have just got my iPhone 5 and given my 3GS to my girlfriend. With this weare using the the same iTunes. When I set up my 5 I accidentally didn't uncheck her number when asked what devices to be linked with. Now we are both getting messages that are meant for the other when people are sending messages over iMessage.
Basically how can I change this so that our phones arnt linked to each other whilst we are using the same iTunes

Thanks for your help in advance

Sorry for the words all joined together in the last message

Go to settings, select messages, select send and receive. From there uncheck the Appropriate number from each device.

Thank you, i had literally been searching for ages and didn't even see that, thanks again

Welcome. Word of advice, if you 2 don't have a separate iCloud account all the numbers from your phone and their phone will show on both providing you both back up to iCloud.