What's new

The iPhone 5 and the Collapse of Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

msw

Reaction score
The iPhone 5 is not the beginning of the collapse of Android...that started a few models back. The iPhone 5 will hasten the collapse of Android. Many Android users are getting tired of their phones freezing up, poor software upgrade schedules, and having to be careful when choosing apps for their devices since over 55% of them are
infected with malware. Let's face it...the iPhone just flat works!

R.I.P. Android

Last edited:
i just deleted your duplicate post,one post per issue,thank you.

Poisonivy said:
i just deleted your duplicate post,one post per issue,thank you.

Sorry about that. I am a new user and I'm not sure how my post was duplicated. I must have tapped a button without realizing it.

Yeah I agree but I wouldn't count android out. They might step there game up. But I left android because of those issues especially the BATTERY problem.

That's why I left the android phones, tired of the issue's. I highly doubt they will be out of the market though.

yeah i left blackberry originally because of the lack of capabilities and went with the HTC incredible because it was supposed to be the next best thing for CDMA users who didn't have the iPhone and i sold that within the first couple months because of battery life and lack of good apps and overall performance of the HTC sense UI sucked and i went to blackberry. shortly after that i purchased a iphone 4 and havent looked back since but i think overall the Android market will bounce with new better phones and software as they released ice cream sandwich which has many great improvements

Funnily enough, that's the main reason i'm leaving Android too. I had an iPhone 4 beforehand but swapped to a Galaxy S3 as I really wanted to see for myself if Android was better or worse than iOS. To be honest, I hate Android OS, it's flaky, glitchy, craps out on my all the time and isn't intuitive to use. iOS just plain works.

Coupled with the fact that although the 'flagship' Galaxy S3 is an amazing phone (it is, just try it for a while) it still feels like a low end cheap product in the hand.

yeah i left blackberry originally because of the lack of capabilities and went with the HTC incredible because it was supposed to be the next best thing for CDMA users who didn't have the iPhone and i sold that within the first couple months because of battery life and lack of good apps and overall performance of the HTC sense UI sucked and i went to blackberry. shortly after that i purchased a iphone 4 and havent looked back since

Right I liked blackberry but the horrible apps and updates turned me from them and that the bb 6 was only for selected phones killed it. I got the galaxy s and liked it until the battery problem. Then the iPhone came to Verizon and here I am lol

I know you are smoking something and dont know what you are talking about at all!

I have a samsung galaxy siii 32 gig (android 4.0.4), a iPhone 4s 64 gig (IOS 5.1.1), iPad 64 gig 1st gen (IOS 5.1.1), iPad touch, and Motorola Zoom 32 gig tablet (android 4.1.1).

1. Ever since ICS (Ice Scream Sandwich), the performance of the phones are the same, no more freeze up's than apples. Before ICS I would have to agree with you.

2. Apps being 55% infected, then I should have a phone infected and guess what I DONT, where did you dream this up? I have installed and removed apps (that I don't like) and NEVER had any malware (I install a minimum of one a day, amazon free app of the day).

3. Yes maybe the upgrades are poor, but they do come over time, but not really as needed as IOS updates, cause my siii has way more features than my iPhone could ever dream, and just works! My Zoom tablet received the updates very quickly, had JB, Jelly Bean since july, what a month or 2 after Google announced it, sounds a lot quicker than what apple announces and gives it to me, even tho other brands may still not have it.

4. Again I have the Siii That Just Works!, iPhone 4s that just works, iPad 1st gen that has glitches from time to time (noticed after the last update and done restore on it) but mostly just works, and a Zoom tablet That just works.

and lets not get into the lawsuits.

PS. What so I prefer
my Siii by far, hands down. NFC, voice and data over verizon 4g LTE, widgets, moving wallpapers, ect..... Oh one more major thing, I LOVE the 4.8" screen on the Siii over the 3.5"

Funnily enough, that's the main reason i'm leaving Android too. I had an iPhone 4 beforehand but swapped to a Galaxy S3 as I really wanted to see for myself if Android was better or worse than iOS. To be honest, I hate Android OS, it's flaky, glitchy, craps out on my all the time and isn't intuitive to use. iOS just plain works.

Coupled with the fact that although the 'flagship' Galaxy S3 is an amazing phone (it is, just try it for a while) it still feels like a low end cheap product in the hand.

I Have a different experience, I prefer the s3 way way better than the iPhone 4s or 4 that I had, features and not glitchy at all, and never crapped out (Well once, but my iphone's have done that also so its even), the flow is awesome, very intuitive, a perfect big 4.8" screen, and feels perfect in my hands.

I Have a different experience, I prefer the s3 way way better than the iPhone 4s or 4 that I had, features and not glitchy at all, and never crapped out (Well once, but my iphone's have done that also so its even), the flow is awesome, very intuitive, a perfect big 4.8" screen, and feels perfect in my hands.

I have heard that Jelly Bean should alleviate some of the issues I am having with my S3. I may just have a 'Friday Afternoon' phone, it's true.

One of the main glitches I have is that when exiting any web browser (exiting, not just 'minimising'), it sometimes takes up to six seconds before all the apps show on the home screen.

I do love how Android is far more customisable than iOS and that being open source it means that those clever techy types can do some amazing things with it. The flipside of that is that not all of the apps are going to work on all of the Android phones, even if they purport to work, so it's sometimes a gamble as to whether it's worth paying for an app only to find out it doesn't work on my particular S3.

Like you, I have never experienced 'dodgy' apps as I do not download them from anywhere except Google Play.

Overall, I am underwhelmed by the S3 ownership experience but it has taken me a good few months to get there though. When I first got the phone, all I could do was sing its praises, but then more and more small glitches or issues crept in and the sum total of those is enough to make me want to get rid of the phone and go back to an iPhone, which apart from the one alarm clock issue, was completely trouble free in all the incarnations of iPhone and years of ownership I had.

I have heard that Jelly Bean should alleviate some of the issues I am having with my S3. I may just have a 'Friday Afternoon' phone, it's true.

One of the main glitches I have is that when exiting any web browser (exiting, not just 'minimising'), it sometimes takes up to six seconds before all the apps show on the home screen.

I use NOVA launcher instead of the samsung one, 1. its faster 2. no glitches or you do have a friday afternoon phone. (but I don't recall that problem on mine when I used the samsung launcher)

I do love how Android is far more customisable than iOS and that being open source it means that those clever techy types can do some amazing things with it. The flipside of that is that not all of the apps are going to work on all of the Android phones, even if they purport to work, so it's sometimes a gamble as to whether it's worth paying for an app only to find out it doesn't work on my particular S3.

There have been a few ea games that dont work but they wont load either and the google store wont let you download them, other than that a couple of games did glitch on me that amazon had for the free app of the day but that was only a few (2 most) all utilities work great on both my zoom and siii

Like you, I have never experienced 'dodgy' apps as I do not download them from anywhere except Google Play.

Overall, I am underwhelmed by the S3 ownership experience but it has taken me a good few months to get there though. When I first got the phone, all I could do was sing its praises, but then more and more small glitches or issues crept in and the sum total of those is enough to make me want to get rid of the phone and go back to an iPhone, which apart from the one alarm clock issue, was completely trouble free in all the incarnations of iPhone and years of ownership I had.

I just dont have the glitches you had, wish I could have helped you, but that is why we need variety on phones (lawsuits need to stop) cause what is great for one is not for another.
I do use smoothsync for contacts and calendar to sync all contacts/calendars to IOS so all my devices stay in sync and it works perfect.

I don't see Android going anywhere. People like options/alternatives and Android is the most reasonable one. Because Android is open source I think that attracts a lot of users and I just don't see that changing. Androids market share is much greater than the iPhone both in the US and worldwide. I think the iPhone 5 with the new iOS6 will help Apple gain some market share but Android is nowhere near collapsing. I personally prefer the iPhone; I've had the 3G, 4G and pre-ordered a 5... I personally find the iPhone more user friendly/intuitive compared to Androids.

I see nothing great about ios. I find it rather boring and dull. Being able to flash custom roms is a big draw to android for me. I find jelly bean and project butter really addressed most of the glitches and lags. Still room for improvement and Google is aware.

Android ain't going no where

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I use NOVA launcher instead of the samsung one, 1. its faster 2. no glitches or you do have a friday afternoon phone. (but I don't recall that problem on mine when I used the samsung launcher)

I had that issue on the stock launcher so I thought i'd try Nova and then Go launcher; the issue persisted no matter which one I used. According to some of the Android forums, it is a 'known issue'.

You're right in that it is very much horses for courses. I have friends that are rabid Android fans and won't hear a word said against it, likewise friends who do the same with Apple. I sit somewhere in between, I will purchase whichever phone gives me the best user experience and suits my current requirements, regardless of OS. Android is pretty much ere to stay though. So many companies have invested much in the hardware to support it. No way they will allow it to fail now.

I would not dare to denigrate any Android or Apple phone without first using one for a prolonged period of time as to do so smacks of 'fanboyism' or 'brand hatred', so at least I can now base my (purely subjective, granted) opinion on a prolonged use of both OS.

At this point in time, I think it's the iPhone 5 rather than the Samsung Galaxy S3 that floats my boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.