What's new

Iphone 5 quality and complaints

simbeane

Reaction score
I guys, I'm living in Sydney. I have got my brand new iphone 5 two days ago, I was so excited until I saw a dead pixel near the bottom left of the screen after an hour of playing. I immediately booked an appointment at genius bar, the genius guy swapped me a new iphone 5 from a white box (not sure if it was a refurbished phone or not). I spent a few minutes on checking the new phone and i found a dead pixel again near the top left of the screen. I was like very angry, I asked the genius guy to replace me a brand new phone sealed in the box and he was like ok, he said he will call me later in the next few days to come to pick up a brand new phone and return the current one because they don't have the phone in stock atm. So now I'm still using the defective phone and waiting for their call. If the brand new phone that I will get has any other problem, I would definitely ask for refund.

I know Apple customer service is great, they give you a replacement unit if your one is defective but that's might not work if they keep replacing you new phones and you keep having new problems with replacement phones. It's like running in a circle and never end. Having this type of service is great but I think it must collaborate with good product quality control. Once the phone is replaced with a new phone, the new phone is expected to be defects free and able to be used for a long term.

Myself as a customer would feel very happy in the first time after Apple gave me a new replacement phone but who knows the new phone will have potential defects. If I didn't check the replacement phone, I would have walked home with the problem and it will waste me another appointment schedule in the future when I discover that dead pixel on the screen. Eventually, my message to Apple is that their product quality control is really bad. If they don't improve their quality control, customer will keep bringing back their items and Apple will keep replacing new ones. That will be wasting Apple's resources and customers' time. Personally, replacing a unit once or twice and problems are gone is great but going back to genius bar a few times a week or a month is frustrating! That wastes my time. I have been running in the circle not only with the iphone 5, also with iphone 4, iphone 4s, ipad 2. Each one of them has various problems. If Apple don't improve their product quality in the future, maybe one day I will shift to another platform such as Android no matter how good their customer service is and how great their softwares are.

Sorry to hear your bad experience. On my side no complaints. My only gripe is the WiFi sync with iTunes is not consistent, but I guess this will probably be addressed with the next update. Also, I don't like the Maps because if you want just to change your Route a little bit, (let us say just want to go off route to buy something at a shop around) well the Map does not recalculate, that's no good. But as it is in its infancy, I guess it will get better.