What's new

Apple

Sam Reason

Reaction score
The story of what happens when my iphone battery gets weak.

Tuesday oct. 16 2018

1115 arrive Apple Mississauga Square One. Make appointment. Wait time est. 1hr 45 min.

1pm get text. Go to Genius Bar. Wait another 15 mins.

115-130 explain above battery dying. The genius said that they will install an new battery. Est 60 mins.

230 return. go to genius bar.

235 genius brings iphone with new battery. It doesn’t work. She goes into the back for 25 mins.

300 pm. She says they will replace my iphone with a new iphone. Fill in forms. Plug in phone. Wait for battery to charge. Battery does not display screen. She goes in back and doesn’t come out for 45-60 mins.

4pm after waiting 45-60mins. I ask where she is. I am told that she is ‘on break’. I am told that another genius will help me. He is busy helping 3 other people. Then he says that he is leaving for the day. Another genius will help me. But she is helping 3 other people and she can’t help me because the apple network is so slow that I can’t register an Apple ID. Tried more than 3 times. Wasted another hour because the network is so slow that I can’t complete the registration.

515pm. I leave in disgust. I try to use the phone and discover that the microphone doesn’t work.

6pm. I return to the store. After talk I am told that they don’t have another 5c in stock and I have to wait 3-5 business days.

One whole day wasted and no phone.

Which iPhone are they providing you with and how much are they charging you?

Will they send your replacement to you or will you have to go back to the Apple Store to pick it up?