What's new

Is there a battery problem with the iPhone 5 ?

Myron

Reaction score
I was planning to buy a new iPhone 5 to replace my old iPhone 3Gs model until I spoke to my friend. He got his from AT&T. He says that the phone works OK until the phone shows a 60% battery power left and then it shuts-off. He must re-charge the phone. Is there a battery problem with this model or did he just get a defective phone? I have already read that some of the phones get hot after being used for a while but never that the phone died after 60% power is reached?

x98car

Reaction score
First I have heard of that issue. My iPhone 5 battery works fine.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i haven't had any battery issues with mine either.

Voidths

Reaction score
No problem here. The only time my i5 shut itself off was when I ran the battery down to 1% just to see how long the battery would last.

Lilez02

Reaction score
It does drain fast with lte. 1% battery last forever on mine

chunky

Reaction score
I typically get a days usage from my iPhone 5.

I would consider myself a medium to heavy user.

buddyfunlove

Reaction score
Coming from android devices I can say the battery is great! Compared to an older 3G device that has a lower CPU you will lose some of what you are used to. However, the power and speed you gain is well worth it.

khcarver1

Reaction score
I recommend turning WIFI off, on days when it is on around 2:00 pm it is dead. On days when it is off it lasts till 9:00. It really helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Houdini5150

Reaction score
Never had any problems.. Facebook and texting daily... Charge it every 3 to 4 days depending on how far exactly want to let battery drain down. Wifi is off when not connected and screen brightness fairly low.

Most reactions

Latest posts